The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

98 T/A vs the ol' Fox

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Default 98 T/A vs the ol' Fox

Whats good fellas!?! I know I haven't posted in a while but I've just been out of it since my car has been down but tonight I just bought another trans and just gotta buy an input shaft and do a few other things to the car to get it road ready again.

Ok well my buddy that I've ran before has 98 T/A lt's y pipe 3.73s lid and tune 321whp I put 3 cars on him from a 20 roll with me spinning through 1st and 2nd and him spinning a bit in 1st and right at 1-1 1/2 from a 60 roll.
Well now he did a ram air set up to the bottom of the lid he is doin a 36-3800 stall this Saturday and is doin udp along with some rear suspention work.

Mine will pretty much be the same mods and times in sig done in 2700 d/a and in the same his T/A trapped 87.5.

With his new mods coming by the time I get my car goin in the next 2 weeks and given both cars can hook up what do y'all think the outcome will be from dig, 20 roll, 45 roll, 60 roll?? Don't worry when we run there will be about 7-10 runs from all rolls lol. I know how the car should run at the track with the mods but don't know how it will act on the street. Lmk what ya think. Thanks for the input!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Should be close but I think you still got him.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Tough call. That stall is absolutely the best mod he can do. He'll likely see a half second gain from that damn thing. His traps will only increase about 2 mph however, assuming its a lock up stall (I know it is, just saying). I think you have your hands full with him now. If he can hook from a dig, well..... and from a roll, I think you guys will stay within a fender of one another. Total speculation here man, go out and do work and let us know how it goes!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I'd have to agree with stone. from a dig and lower rolls I think he's gonna get you. but higher rolls where the stall hurts it i would give you the nod. just throw a shot on the fox and call it a day.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys I know I'm going to have my hands full but oh well haha. But if things go as planned the run might happen this weekend and if I can get it worked out have it on video and a day time video at that!!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Well I didn't get my car back together this weekend but it's close got a few other things done to the car fixed my header leak, changed the oil, dropped another 23 pounds out the car too. Just gotta swap input shafts out from my old trans and my new one then I'll be back in business for a little while!!

We also got the stall put in my buddies T/A and damn that helped out a ton!!! The car moved out before but now that thing really moves haha so this should be very interesting of a run. Also my buddy is talking about hitting up the 1/4 this weekend to so it'll be nice to see what kind of times that thing pulls. He's aiming for a 11.99@112-114ish.

here is some pics

Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

nasty gear pics! i love it. haha.

this all done at a ford dealer? that's almost exactly what my work looks like haha.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy

this all done at a ford dealer? that's almost exactly what my work looks like haha.
The pic is taken at the transmission shop where my son (89LX Coupe) works.

I'm sure that the stall made a big difference in the TA, should be an interesting race when you get your trans back in your car.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by z28th1s
The pic is taken at the transmission shop where my son (89LX Coupe) works.

I'm sure that the stall made a big difference in the TA, should be an interesting race when you get your trans back in your car.
^^ What he said lol and yea should be a hell of a run I can't wait!!!

Originally Posted by ctgreddy

Oh I love carnage pics too man!!! hahaha I take them all the time at work when we pull the pans on everything
Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

What's a guy gotta do to get his LS1 on that lift and a helping hand on some headers/stall, lol?!

Awesome pics, man. I'm excited to see how this all pans out. Keep us posted on his track improvements too.

Quick Reply: 98 T/A vs the ol' Fox