MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Racers Bench (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench-127/)
-   -   G37 VS MY 07 GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench/660894-g37-vs-my-07-gt.html)

nj07 01-05-2012 06:44 PM

G37 VS MY 07 GT

I have a question I have a 20yr old who has a 2011 G37 at work which is stock even he did some stuff to it I would not care either way but the other day he was telling some of my coworkers that he would take me from a launch and that would not be able to keep up with him. So I told him whenever wherever I told him a little friendly competition is cool with me. Everybody all ready is saying I would win but I just had to ask anyone here there opinion and if anybody ever went up against these cars. All my mods should be in my sig so let me know what you guys think?

Entaille 01-05-2012 06:49 PM

it'll probably go to the better driver. should be close, but I'd give the edge to you, you make a lot more torque and your gearing is aggressive.

mustang0672 01-05-2012 06:54 PM

Anywhere? whenever? Take it to the TRACK! Well, I guess you don't have to but when you either get caught going 25 mph over the speed limit and get arrested or wreck into someone else and kill them and go to jail for involuntary manslaughter for 30 years..it will be your fault. Is it really worth proving which car is faster? That is kind of like comparing **** sizes. Be smart take it to your local track, if you don't have one local then if racing this guy is really worth street racing FIND ONE. Just my opinion, not everyone will agree. I am 16 years old and know better than to do it. Of course I learned from my brother who got caught going 91 in a 55 with his friend doing the same.

Entaille 01-05-2012 06:56 PM

actually you can get wreckless driving/racing at any speed, doesn't have to be over the speed limit. the act of comparing speeds on public roadways is enough to get the book thrown at you. not a very cheap lesson to learn.

BigDinTexas 01-05-2012 06:56 PM

Is it a G37 with AWD? They come with 328hp factory vs. our 305hp... Not sure the weight and gear ratios of the G, but it might be pretty close with your mods with a slight favor in your direction... Good luck and post up results.

Don

mustang0672 01-05-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Entaille (Post 7797745)
actually you can get wreckless driving/racing at any speed, doesn't have to be over the speed limit. the act of comparing speeds on public roadways is enough to get the book thrown at you. not a very cheap lesson to learn.

Yep. Innocent people just trying to get home are killed my people who street race. They leave behind 2 year old kids that will never know them just because someone had to prove they had a better car. I would rather look slower than rot in jail for 30 years.

doode 01-05-2012 07:01 PM

My friend has a G37 S auto with just intake and exhaust.

I ran against him using Bchips 87 tune + C&L intake , stock cats and flowmasters

We did a few pulls from a roll and he whupped my ass every time and he knew he could because his was an auto.

Finally got him to do some runs from a standing start and it was close....got a 1/2 car lead on him early on only started pulling away 100mph+ ... same results for 3 runs

MadStang40 01-05-2012 07:02 PM

If this is light to light racing, then hp numbers mean little. Tq and gearing modifications (and that all important driver mod) mean everything.

nj07 01-05-2012 07:03 PM

No its not AWD, and mustang 0672 I'm 32 and have driven a variety of different cars since 17 so I know the dangers but since this will make you feel better where going to the track with some other friends of ours to do this thank you for my concern and other fellow citizens batman would be proud of you! Just joking with you I know.

mustang0672 01-05-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by nj07 (Post 7797754)
No its not AWD, and mustang 0672 I'm 32 and have driven a variety of different cars since 17 so I know the dangers but since this will make you feel better where going to the track with some other friends of ours to do this thank you for my concern and other fellow citizens batman would be proud of you! Just joking with you I know.

Haha alright man! That sounds good, just trying to help ya. I don't want to ever hear of a fellow forumer getting thrown in jail. Let us know the results of your race at the track.