The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

2012 Charger RT AWD predictions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
My understanding was the SRT8 cars aren't locked down. It was the 5.7 that was locked. Maybe they've changed that.
hmm.. not sure about that. I read that they were all locked down, even the SRT-8 versions. There were a few places claiming to have cracked it, but it was bogus.. they used the PCM and wiring harness from 2010 models and tune with them and superchargers (making 650+whp!) but it costs like $10k (WTF?!)

Yeeaah, no way!

Tuned(older) RT's/bolt on's run in the mid-high 12's (albiet no more than 108'ish mph trap) so they're not completely horrible. Blown 5.7s run the same as S197's/blown (low 12s/high 11's). They're so beefy though so it take a little more power to get them down the 1320..

deep pockets buy a 440/forged/blown with a built trans and costs a ton, but that's rich mans land. But also running 9's..
Old 01-07-2012, 05:37 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
My understanding was the SRT8 cars aren't locked down. It was the 5.7 that was locked. Maybe they've changed that.
The SRT 8 that was made before the 392 is able to take a tune, the 392 is locked and still not able to tune right now, bunch of people at predator and diablo are trying to crack it.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The 392's are sick.. if only they were AWD and with a drivetrain that could handle it
Old 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I do honestly like that charger but goddamn it weighs too much. How much weight can you take out of it? I'd go that route along with adding this mods that you mentioned.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
The SRT 8 that was made before the 392 is able to take a tune, the 392 is locked and still not able to tune right now, bunch of people at predator and diablo are trying to crack it.
The guy I know has his PCM out right now with a certain tuner working on it... very close from my understanding to getting it all done.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I do honestly like that charger but goddamn it weighs too much. How much weight can you take out of it? I'd go that route along with adding this mods that you mentioned.
I don't mind the weight, the motor makes enough power that it doesn't matter too much. I actually like the heavy weight lol feels like a friggin' tank blasting through all the snow up here!

You're right though.. 4600 lbs. (me included, 4700 lbs. me and my girl) is friggin' beefy as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vLp-GlYLj8

Not bad, but this time around it's either a twin screw or TVS! I am doing it right the first time with this car! rofl

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
The guy I know has his PCM out right now with a certain tuner working on it... very close from my understanding to getting it all done.
lol I wouldn't be surprised if he got a cease and desist letter from Ralph Gilles personally.. those bastards really got that pcm on lock down! lol
Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 AM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

I had an evo for awhile. The AWD is nice but if you plan on drag-racing it a lot then I would plan on beefing up the clutch before you do anything else... and clutches are expensive when it comes to anything AWD.

with a car that big and heavy putting out that much power I wouldn't be suprised if it came with a twin-disc from the factory though.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:11 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I don't know if it's working yet but some people are buying a different PCM all together and having them programed, haven't seen any feedback though.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jojobanks
I had an evo for awhile. The AWD is nice but if you plan on drag-racing it a lot then I would plan on beefing up the clutch before you do anything else... and clutches are expensive when it comes to anything AWD.

with a car that big and heavy putting out that much power I wouldn't be suprised if it came with a twin-disc from the factory though.
it's an auto, with their signature 5 speed auto thats been around forever. I read both the auto and transfer case can handle about 450 lbs. of torque, but that's right at max.

They have some impressive built autos/transfer cases I seen, pretty much bullet proof but it'll burn a whole in your wallet lol

I might just skip motor mods altogether and just build up the auto trans (built trans/high stall torque converter) and once a tuner comes out, have the mods I've listed earlier. The motor is great.. that's not the problem, the problem is the dreaded factory tune, no tire chirping shifts just yet lol

It lacks the ability to shift quickly enough... and rightfully so, it's a "sports sedan" with MPGs to maintain.

Theres an older 300C AWD 5.7/supercharged running at the track @11.8/120mph that first caught my eye.. it launches VERY hard and shifts super quick. I didn't think they were fast either at first..

Last edited by stealth_GT; 01-10-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Im thinking you will see twice the ET gain just from the torque converter than you will see from thise bolt ons with no tune.

I would say that the converter will knock you down to about 13.5ish...

hold off on the other stuff until its unlocked and can be tuned

Quick Reply: 2012 Charger RT AWD predictions..