The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Whats it gonna run ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Explosive

The only thing I think I forgot were the UDP's and no A/C ect. If I do a waterpump I may do an electric.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

I really hope you do have low 12's in that thing because I absolutely love that car.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Explosive

You and me both man. I will not be going easy on her when I get it out there lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Hmmm, this has me thinking. I really want to see 11's. I'm not spraying it. I do need a water pump, this would be when I'd toss a new cam in. PTV clearance worries me a little as I know the E-cam clears. Then I assume I'd have to remeasure and have some new pushrods made again correct ?
not necessarily. You may need some new pushrods though. I didn't build your motor so I don't know how much clearance you have. You may end up not even having to get new pushrods. I just know you won't be happy with that cam and will want to change it out eventually. Why not just do it now and get the car the way you want it?

If nothing else I would double-check your bearings to make sure you have full-grove. Get a high pressure oil pump, and you should simply be able to rev the **** out of that cam to see your goal. Just my opinion though. There are plenty of different ways to get to where you want. It might even be better just to leave it the way it is, run it a few times and see where you actually stand before making further changes.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

my buddy was bottom 11s @ 120 n/a with a 306 and anderson custom cam... obviously good heads, gear and slicks but he was still a full weight fox (3100ish). Find yourself a better cam and you will meet your goals I bet.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by jojobanks
not necessarily. You may need some new pushrods though. I didn't build your motor so I don't know how much clearance you have. You may end up not even having to get new pushrods. I just know you won't be happy with that cam and will want to change it out eventually. Why not just do it now and get the car the way you want it?

If nothing else I would double-check your bearings to make sure you have full-grove. Get a high pressure oil pump, and you should simply be able to rev the **** out of that cam to see your goal. Just my opinion though. There are plenty of different ways to get to where you want. It might even be better just to leave it the way it is, run it a few times and see where you actually stand before making further changes.

Yea, I don't think I'm going to change it right away. I would be semi disappointed with 12.5's but I'd be alright with 12.2-12.3 for now. However 11.99 or 11.80's would really have me happy.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

idk if I should give my opinion, don't want you're butt to hurt :/

carb is small
intake is small
heads are small
cam is poop.

I still love you.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by 302army187
idk if I should give my opinion, don't want you're butt to hurt :/

carb is small
intake is small
heads are small
cam is poop.

I still love you.

Haha, I literally lol'd when I read that.

Do you think the carbs too small for my setup, or just saying my h/c/i is poopy ? I had considered a new carb this year since the current is just being a pita right now. Also considered regearing it. Not sure how high to go though.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:48 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

I've been a fan of big carb's the last year or so. seen a lot of car's run much better with "too much carb" and too many cars run slow with "the right sized" carb.

forget what gears it has but 4.10's should be plenty.

4.10's are getting dumb for me though :/ any more power at all and I fear my ET will suffer
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Explosive

I've got 3.73's right now. I wish to god it was fuel injected.... My dads building a 383 for the camaro he just picked up. He's screwing himself over because he wants to put a manual in it. He's about as far from a driver mod as it gets.

I just wanna get this damn thing running well. shes good once you wind it up. just down low I have that issue. Feel its going to bog the line right now with the stumble it has.

Quick Reply: Whats it gonna run ?