The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Challenger fly by

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Challenger fly by

I figure I'd just tell this story cuz I'm bored, and I thought it was pretty funny but reckless at the same time. So I was getting on the freeway the traffic lights were on. I wait my turn and when I get to the light I take traction control off, rev it to 1500k, and drop it as the light runs green. Little did I know that as I was "staging", a challenger r/t was approaching the light in the carpool side. As I let off the clutch, my tires spin, my B gets a little sideways and I continue to rip through the first three gears. Nothing special, just having some fun. I guess I pissed off this challenger because through the traffic behind me, I saw him weaving in and out of traffic, and approaching me quickly. I was in the number two lane next to the fast lane and he just did a ricer fly by. I smiled at him as I passed thinking that I got under his skin, which makes me laugh honestly. Buuuuuut then he does the doucheist move, he keeps accelerating , almost rear ending the car in front of him and decides to pass him on the left where there aren't any lanes and barely enough room for that tank to make a pass. Had it not been 3pm and maybe around 12am I would've ran him down. It's my understanding from a roll he would've walked me. But from a dig it wouldve been closer right? Considering if it was stock, which it sounded like it was.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

They're fat but have decent mid-top end on their cars. I have a '12 RT AWD /5.7 and it's quicker than my 08 Mustang GT even with 4.10s, CAI, delete plates, tune etc.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 AM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

with a name like crash you should've pitted him as he was passing you.

it would've been funnier if you would've passed him while he was pulled over by the law down the road. Those are always classic moments.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Explosive

Hmmm, I ran an R/T this fall and he ran a 13.6x I think ? Not sure but it was a mid 13 pass. He met up with me in the staging lanes afterwards gave me a couple ricer excuses and told me the SRT8's are faster ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOaCn447_Hw
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

did he have the 2.65 gears of the 3.90 gears? Makes a huge difference lol
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

crash i dont think youd stand a chance against a challenger R/T even from a dig, more of a 2005-2010 GT match up.

or do you have a bunch of mods? i was thinking you are stock.

although dig on the street just about anything can happen if he sucks bad enough.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

I actually ran a charger r/t from a roll back in the day when I was trapping 102 in my NPI and somehow pulled on him up top...

I expected him to walk me but I somehow pulled on him hard? Maybe he had a few people in the car and he claimed it was brand new so maybe it wasnt broken in?

Either way,

the newer R/ts are pretty stout and got a power upgrade so I would expect it to be a close race but my moneys on the RT unless you have some decent mods
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE5FyIb5Fbo

the older RT's only made something like 270-280whp, and with the dreaded 2.65 gears lol
Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Mishri
crash i dont think youd stand a chance against a challenger R/T even from a dig, more of a 2005-2010 GT match up.

or do you have a bunch of mods? i was thinking you are stock.

although dig on the street just about anything can happen if he sucks bad enough.
Jlt cai, Frpp 3.73's, gutted catted bassani x-pipe, Borla stingers. Ran a 13.71@102.4. I just don't know what they trap for the average driver as this guy seemed to have just bought it. I doubt he had ever been to the track honestly.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I think they run similar times as yours, with the 3.09 gears hovering in the 13.4's I believe.

I still remember when some kids took a new Challenger RT on a test drive. This is when I still had my 08 GT/450whp SC. I let him get next to me after seeing him floor it in my rear view mirror.. right as he was next to me at 45 mph right about to zoom pass me, I floor it!

Immediately put 5-6 cars on him like nothing lol

They pass me again after I slow down..they were all like "WTF!?"..

Quick Reply: Challenger fly by