The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

3.7 vs. 2v and/or srt Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Default 3.7 vs. 2v and/or srt Jeep

Scenario 1- Unfortunately, this is the most likely to happen. Boy I know just got an 03 2v, 5spd, jlt cai, FM's, termi wheels with 275 street tires, thats it. He pretty much thinks Ill win, but I know deep down he doesnt want to believe it.

Scenario 2- boy I went to school with is talking bout coming back to town, with his srt jeep. Im assuming its stock, but that wasn't said outright. This is where my assumption is coming from.... I asked him if he had any slips for it, and this was his response... "Nah I am too afraid of putting in a wall and being SOL. I dont have those big bucks haha so i keep it on the street. I mean i know what they run stock...about 13.4 . I will be back in Lynchburg in two weeks. Heard you got a mustang...details?"

Now, I know NO dig runs, lol. I still dont think Id get'em from a 40roll, or any roll for that matter, but its for ****s n giggles anyways. Provided that it IS stock, how close can I keep it? My wind's been taken out my sail a little after the srt ram runs, and this isn't a good way to get the breeze blowing again, lmao, but a runs a run!

P.s. said 2v said he has a run lined up against a stock auto ls1 t/a..... can we say rappage? Lol, he thinks he has a chance against that, but thinks Id beat him.............. needless to say he needs some auto-education!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Explosive

Your car a manual ? Not a fan of the new sixxer with the auto however the manual scooted along pretty well. I think you've got the 2v but not sure about the jeep.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You'll devastate that 2V, as will the stock A4 LS1. Period.

That SRT-8 is another story. Sure, from a dig you're a dead man. Don't feel bad though, he would do the same thing to me down low on the street. From a roll, it really depends man. If he is sitting at a good RPM in say 2nd gear, he may still jump on you from the get go. You def have more top end when its all said and done, but you're going to need to be sitting at a pretty high RPM from the start to keep him from taking full advantage of that torque and aggressive gearing. Those things still have decent top end, don't underestimate it up top.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

As of right now, the fastest n/a AND f/i 6er's are both autos. For now anyways.... my dad is shooting for 12s n/a in his m6 v6.

As for the 2v, Ive seen a handful of those outcomes already, lol. My first run in my car was a kill against my brothers (ex)girlfriends bolt-on 2v. Then I got another unknown-mods 2v, and a 94-95 cobra. The same night I ran that ram, I played with a 2v with "Ibitbac" on the plates, just a 2nd gear pull got me over a car ahead, lol. My first loss was against a full lt exhaust, I think full bolt-on, 3.73'd 2v, but I was still stock and had a passenger. I want that rematch BAD, lol...

As for the Jeep, meh, can't win'em all, lol. Im just hoping Ill catch him with a rider or 2, but either way, its all in good fun. I just wanna see it move out, they're one of my favorite 'realistic' vehicles....... Kinda doubt it'll happen anyway, but he said he'd get in touch with me.

Edit: I just smacked myself for each time I said lol..... lol

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 02-23-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Hahahhha well you already got my 2 cents on the 2v lolbut Id like to see you againt that a4 t/a....
The jeep highly doubt pulls as hard up top as the srt10 so from a 40ish roll id say you would get him but from a 20 I believe it'll be tight!

FYI the burgundy srt8 I ran a while back when he had a cai and a canned tune it ran a 8.37@81.xx. on a 80* day. Just to give you an idea.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
As of right now, the fastest n/a AND f/i 6er's are both autos.
This is generally the case...especially now considering how good the 6 speed autos are.

I cant imagine those new auto 6 speeds being slower than a comparable manual car with 99% of the drivers on this earth.

Anyone that hates on auto cars is just biased or uneducated IMO
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
I cant imagine those new auto 6 speeds being slower than a comparable manual car with 99% of the drivers on this earth.

Hopefully after this or next weekend a m6 v6 will make the n/a record haha

I kinda hate on autos just for the fact its no fun to drive in most cases..... I'm a gear jammer at heart and its in my bloodline no doubt lol. But for a drag car standpoint and getting the car out the hole quickly and consistantly an auto is the way to go!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

looking forward to the results, videos? Poor little 2v, he's gonna get smashed.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
This is generally the case...especially now considering how good the 6 speed autos are.

I dunno, the seat dyno says the 6spd sixxers are quicker than the autos IMO.

I agree on the auto part. I can't stand how many people hate on autos. Autos are no fun, autos are for women. Autos are slow ect. I also have a manual car and I wish to god it was a built auto. I'll take an auto over the manual any day. Not to mention you can get a manual valvebody. There you go. You get to shift and there is no clutch. Best of both worlds.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Stock for stock, yea the m6's are quicker than the autos... but once modding starts happening the autos are just as good.

That said, imo, I am an EXTREME auto hater, lmao. I dont think they're for women or any other cliche's that are out there. This is strictly a personal thing. If I had a die-hard track car, an auto would be a better option. But like my brother said, bangin gears is in our blood. Its just too much fun with everyday driving.

There should be vids of at least the 2v runs. He said he's gonna "camcorder the race", lol. Im not too worried about a passenger on my behalf, don't think it'd inhibit the outcome too much

8.37 in the 8th huh..... Thats on the quick end of where Im expecting to be on the short track. Would be an interesting run, hope it materializes

Quick Reply: 3.7 vs. 2v and/or srt Jeep