The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Should I call him out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default Should I call him out?

So new guy started working here a month or 2 ago. I saw his car. Pontiac Grand Am GT I believe a 2000-2002. clear tail lights, big spoiler, dual fart can exhaust and a gauge pillar with some gauges in it.

I haven't asked him what mods he has yet... but i'd welcome any guesses as to what might be done to it..

btw, I sold my 2003 Grand AM v6 for my 2007 Mustang GT 5 years ago so maybe that's what makes me a little more curious than I should be.

So, what would you do? challenge the ricer to a race? mock his vehicle in front of him? (I've already mocked him with our co-workers) He seems like a nice enough guy, but I feel compelled to say something about non-performance sedan modified in such a way.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

He prob just doesn't know any better....seen F@F movies one too many times.

Take him for a ride in the Mustang and see the grin on his face when he feels real accleration.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, just try not to be condescending or anything to his face (unless that's how you get down lol...I don't know you). That car might be his baby or something. Unless he's talked some smack, I'd probably just start up a conversation and see where it goes.

However, since I'm a guy who wears his personality on his sleeve, it's hard for me to act like I like something on a car like that in order to make conversation lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Why not just pull out your ***** and point out how its larger than his......oh wait mishri started this thread, that won't work

Why bother racing him, unless he has some sort of insanely expensive setup in his car there is no way he will be able to beat you. Just start a friendly conversation about his car, if he turns out to be a dick, make fun of it to his face
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

LOL you damn bully! I would just let him do the talking and hang himself... if he doesn't maybe he's not so bad after all.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I actually just went on to a grand am forum to see if there are any fast ones out there

The boosted ones are running some blistering high 13's man! I kind of thought there might be more of a performance market for them, but it looks pretty weak
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

There is actually a Grand Am Owners Club. Someone is reppin' the club pretty hard here in Springfield VA. A silver GA with club stickers all over it. And I mean all over it. I see it all the time. At least it doesn't look like the one in the OP.

Hey, it's his/her ride, man.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Making fun of him is probably fun but I wouldn't go as far as calling him out. If he likes his mods more power to him I guess.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

seems kind of shallow to make fun of the guy just because his car is slower than yours. what if a guy starts working with you that owns a corvette or something and starts putting down your ride all the time?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

i called out my buddy at work that has a yamaha f6 what ever

they run high 11's.

I was like bring it biatch. He thought I was dumb and didn't know bikes. I showed him a video of my car, and he was like "how is that even fair? thats not a normal car."

videos as soon as weather permits. (gonna us 150 shot)

Quick Reply: Should I call him out?