The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

1995 GT potential?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 1995 GT potential?

What would it take to make this 1995 Mustang GT into a monster at the track?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ctd/2890341919.html
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Its a 5.0 so it has a lot more potential than the 96-98 4.6s. It also has a huge after market and plenty of people are familiar with them. With heads & cam and some nitrous it would be a pretty powerful car. Blue beast will probably be able to give you a good answer as he is currently planning on modding a 5.0 similar to that one.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I'd say they have a ton of potential. The 5.0 is the cheapest, easiest motor to mod. I just ordered a trick flow top end, exhaust & all intake parts. That should be a low 12 second car. Next week I'm ordering a Trick flow nitrous kit. Should be a high 10 low 11 second car with suspenion and slicks on spray. Jew him down on the price a little and that looks like a great buy.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 03-10-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I'd say they have a ton of potential. The 5.0 is the cheapest, easiest motor to mod. I just ordered a trick flow top end, exhaust & all intake parts. That should be a low 12 second car. Next week I'm ordering a Trick flow nitrous kit. Should be a high 10 low 11 second car with suspenion and slicks on spray. Jew him down on the price a little and that looks like a great buy.
lol seriously!?

I was about to drop about $5k onto my untunable (for now, '12 RT) but if that's all it takes for the 95 GT to get into the low 12's.. I might go that route!

It's a summer time only mod the hell out of it, drag strip only, type of ride so I can pretty much do whatever I want to it.

We just shot the IM testing out the window since our air up here has been clean for the last 30 years so no one cares rofl

Trick flow top end kit, plus long tubes? Hooker headers?

Last edited by stealth_GT; 03-10-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

My buddy has a 5.0 in SN95 flavor. AFR heads, Edelbrock intake, decent cam (don't know specs, still pretty streetable), a few suspension bits, slicks, 150 shot, and that car wants to flip over on it's roof when he launches it. Runs low-mid 11s all day with a mediocre driver.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol seriously!?

I was about to drop about $5k onto my untunable (for now, '12 RT) but if that's all it takes for the 95 GT to get into the low 12's.. I might go that route!

It's a summer time only mod the hell out of it, drag strip only, type of ride so I can pretty much do whatever I want to it.

We just shot the IM testing out the window since our air up here has been clean for the last 30 years so no one cares rofl

Trick flow top end kit, plus long tubes? Hooker headers?
5 grand should get you everything you need to be quick. I've spent about $4500 so far but that includes dumb **** like air & smog pump deletes, plug wires,plugs, valve covers, etc. The basic nitrous kit is about $700 but you'll need a window switch, purge other stuff.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:15 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrockgts197
My buddy has a 5.0 in SN95 flavor. AFR heads, Edelbrock intake, decent cam (don't know specs, still pretty streetable), a few suspension bits, slicks, 150 shot, and that car wants to flip over on it's roof when he launches it. Runs low-mid 11s all day with a mediocre driver.
Noice

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
5 grand should get you everything you need to be quick. I've spent about $4500 so far but that includes dumb **** like air & smog pump deletes, plug wires,plugs, valve covers, etc. The basic nitrous kit is about $700 but you'll need a window switch, purge other stuff.
Not bad.. I was thinking about doing usual mods first ;long tubes first, maybe a CAI/tuner, torque converter, 4.10s etc. but now that you brought up the Trick flow top end kit and nitrous, I might end up going that route. It's got 98k miles on this one, so I am not sure how long the motor is gonna last but I will most likely put a forged block in it summer/2013 if I do get it.

The interior looks clean from the pics

I might end up pulling the AC system as well to shed some weight.. it dosen't get much hotter than 75 up here anyways.. and that's HOT to us lol
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

You can make them very quick for cheap, you can go the nitrous route or there are some apparently decent turbo kits for them now a days for under 2000.00, once you have a turbo, the sky is the limit

I'm actually really considering dumping my nitrous kit for one, it would be nice to have that power all the time, not just after I spend 80 dollars filling that damn bottle, lol
Old 03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drhoward
You can make them very quick for cheap, you can go the nitrous route or there are some apparently decent turbo kits for them now a days for under 2000.00, once you have a turbo, the sky is the limit

I'm actually really considering dumping my nitrous kit for one, it would be nice to have that power all the time, not just after I spend 80 dollars filling that damn bottle, lol
Boost bros.? 98k miles is kinda steep for a turbo kit, even nitrous honestly..
that kit looks pretty sweet.. custom long tubes and all lol

I am gonna try and talk him down to $3,200.. $4k sounds like a lot for nearly 100k miles even with leather interior!

edit: holy smokes parts are so much cheaper on the older stangs...

Last edited by stealth_GT; 03-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

dang it.. me and my big mouth. I offed $3,500 for it.. then he dropped it to $3,800..

I looked at the pics and told him what could be potentially wrong with it..

I am pretty sure he bought it himself lol because right after I told him about the work that it may need done and that $4k is up there for a nearly 20 year old car;

it apparently "sold" lol

It's a small private used car dealership. I am thinking he had his eye on it for himself but wanted to see if it would sell at a higher price.. if not, he'd buy it himself with discount..

I am guessing around the $3k ballpark, maybe less..

oh well.. maybe I'll start looking at old fox bodies or C4 Vettes.. just something fun to drive, manual, RWD, retro-cool etc. dosen't need to run 10's or anything..

Quick Reply: 1995 GT potential?