The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Saw a wreck during race

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Saw a wreck during race

Guy crashed his late 80's early 90's camaro at probably 50-60 mph into a light pole right in front of the entrance to the police station! Debris was a good 20-25 yds down the road. His windshield went flying out too and he hit that pole dead on. He was racing a little ricer and kickin his butt until he lost control and slammed into the pole. Ricer fled...then we saw other cars stoppin in that lane so we just went on our merry way.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
sneakypete_ftw!
1st Gear Member

Hope he was ok but that does sound like it would be funny as hell to see
Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Light pole's can kill! Bad scene, how late at night?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Bench racing?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wcgman
Guy crashed his late 80's early 90's camaro at probably 50-60 mph into a light pole right in front of the entrance to the police station! Debris was a good 20-25 yds down the road. His windshield went flying out too and he hit that pole dead on. He was racing a little ricer and kickin his butt until he lost control and slammed into the pole. Ricer fled...then we saw other cars stoppin in that lane so we just went on our merry way.
Hitting a light pole in front of a police station during a street race certainly qualifies as "epic fail."
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TommyV8
Bench racing?
Yeah, OT is for actual racing.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

at least he didn't hit it sideways, splitting his car in half with him in the center.

That happened to a GT500 a few years back with three people in the car. Speeding in the rain, lost control, hit the meridian and got t-boned by an F150. It twisted the car from the rear end back around to the front with the passengers still in there. Witnesses described the victims as "obviously dead".
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

guy could be dead and you didn't stop to help.

coolbeans.jpg
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
guy could be dead and you didn't stop to help.

coolbeans.jpg
I was going the opposite direction, many other cars were stopping to help that were behind him when he did this, I was 3 lanes over on the other side of a big median, he's right in front of a police station....

And if he was dead, not much help I can give.

I was not going to risk my life running across the street either, so maybe you should watch your mouth before you go shooting it off. I have stopped and helped in other accidents before but this was not worth the risk of my own life and limb and there was plenty of assistance in a much safer position to provide help.

PS - I rear ended a car and totalled my old v6 97 and the toyota corolla in front of me probably less than 100 yards from where this guy had his wreck and not ONE person stopped to help me or the lady I rear ended. A pedestrian came to our aid. In fact, there were a-holes HONKING at us because the lane was obviously blocked. I was not racing nor speeding, I fell asleep for a split second from working about 36 hours straight.

Last edited by wcgman; 06-27-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

PS - I rear ended a car and totalled my old v6 97 and the toyota corolla in front of me probably less than 100 yards from where this guy had his wreck and not ONE person stopped to help me or the lady I rear ended. A pedestrian came to our aid. In fact, there were a-holes HONKING at us because the lane was obviously blocked. I was not racing nor speeding, I fell asleep for a split second from working about 36 hours straight.
yea? seems people have excuses why they won't stop. See below.

I was going the opposite direction, many other cars were stopping to help that were behind him when he did this, I was 3 lanes over on the other side of a big median, he's right in front of a police station....

And if he was dead, not much help I can give.

I was not going to risk my life running across the street either, so maybe you should watch your mouth before you go shooting it off. I have stopped and helped in other accidents before but this was not worth the risk of my own life and limb and there was plenty of assistance in a much safer position to provide help.
so maybe you should watch your mouth before you go shooting it off.
y u so mad, brah?

took the time to post this story on a forum, but not to check on another human life. cool story bro.

Quick Reply: Saw a wreck during race