The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Nitrous Set up for '13 GT - Low 11's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Default Nitrous Set up for '13 GT - Low 11's?

I posted this over in Pipes, Boost and Juice, but that section is a virtual ghost town.

Does anyone have any experience with this NO2 kit?

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...y/viewall.html

I just took delivery of my car on Monday and coming from a C6 Z06, I would like a little more "oomph" on occasion. I am not ready to go the s/c route just yet and this looks like a nice alternative. I am assuming you can run an N/A performance tune and just keep the unit unpowered. Then when you want to go to the strip or our cruising the blvd, you could load the JMS NO2 tune and power up the system. Does that sound right?

I drive my Mustang Spring to Fall and my daily commute is all highway (110 miles round trip). I would really only use the kit on weekends when I stay local - you know - in case I run into someone that wants to play.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know literally Jack Squat about nitrous.

To keep this on topic for this section, JMS claims lots of low 11 second passes with just this kit and sticky tires. Does that sound realistic and should I expect the same thing if I get the kit? That seems awfully quick.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Good driving, sticky tire high 10s possible, low 11s likely.

Most people aren't using a JMS tune on these cars, So I don't know how good they are.

It doesn't look like it comes with a bottle heater or a window switch, things most people say you really should have. That thing looks like a dry kit. wet kits are recommended. Although I dont know much/anything about n2o.

If I were going to get n2o i'd look into one of these kits

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-nitrous.html

Zex apparently makes good kits from what i've read.

also, you should ask the question in the s197 general section, a lot more people hang out there.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
Good driving, sticky tire high 10s possible, low 11s likely.

Most people aren't using a JMS tune on these cars, So I don't know how good they are.

It doesn't look like it comes with a bottle heater or a window switch, things most people say you really should have. That thing looks like a dry kit. wet kits are recommended. Although I dont know much/anything about n2o.

If I were going to get n2o i'd look into one of these kits

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-nitrous.html

Zex apparently makes good kits from what i've read.

also, you should ask the question in the s197 general section, a lot more people hang out there.
Definitely comes with a window switch. http://www.jmschip.com/50L_Nitrous_Kit/#reviews

It is also a dry kit. They say there is no need for a bottle heater because it's a dry kit. Also, the solenoid is in the rear of the car, which reduces the hard hit when activated. The kit has received many positive reviews, but like I said - I know Jack about nitrous.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BicketyBam
I posted this over in Pipes, Boost and Juice, but that section is a virtual ghost town.

Does anyone have any experience with this NO2 kit?

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...y/viewall.html

I just took delivery of my car on Monday and coming from a C6 Z06, I would like a little more "oomph" on occasion. I am not ready to go the s/c route just yet and this looks like a nice alternative. I am assuming you can run an N/A performance tune and just keep the unit unpowered. Then when you want to go to the strip or our cruising the blvd, you could load the JMS NO2 tune and power up the system. Does that sound right?

I drive my Mustang Spring to Fall and my daily commute is all highway (110 miles round trip). I would really only use the kit on weekends when I stay local - you know - in case I run into someone that wants to play.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know literally Jack Squat about nitrous.

To keep this on topic for this section, JMS claims lots of low 11 second passes with just this kit and sticky tires. Does that sound realistic and should I expect the same thing if I get the kit? That seems awfully quick.
These cars are 11-second capable with just slicks and a tune, so getting there on nitrous is a sure thing.

That said, I prefer a more complete kit myself. To me, hosing a dry shot through the sound tube is street-racer-ish, which isn't necessarily bad... it's just not what I would do with a new car.

If you want to run nitrous on your '13 GT, I'd do it right and use a kit like this. It's well integrated, and you can start off small with a 35-shot or you can shoot for 9s with a 200-shot. It's a pretty wide range of adjustability.

http://www.uprproducts.com/nitrous-e...te-kit-11.html
Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
These cars are 11-second capable with just slicks and a tune, so getting there on nitrous is a sure thing.

That said, I prefer a more complete kit myself. To me, hosing a dry shot through the sound tube is street-racer-ish, which isn't necessarily bad... it's just not what I would do with a new car.

If you want to run nitrous on your '13 GT, I'd do it right and use a kit like this. It's well integrated, and you can start off small with a 35-shot or you can shoot for 9s with a 200-shot. It's a pretty wide range of adjustability.

http://www.uprproducts.com/nitrous-e...te-kit-11.html
It would need a dyno tune with that kit, correct? And I would need a hand held too? What about supporting mods for fuel delivery? And a bottle warmer?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Wet kit/Tune
Dry kit your injectors have to make up for the extra fuel, wet kit is tapped off to have it's own fuel jet.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

deff a wet kit. i saw that jms kit in the mmff magazine, looks cool for the stealth factor but part of the awesome thing about nitrous is the instantly hard hit, that seems like it's take away from it. plus, I would never spray a dry kit, then you're relying all on the computer and injectors to compensate and that's a lot of little things to rely on vs one other solenoid in a wet kit. get a good tire, an nx plate kit w/ heater, dynotune rpm/wot switch, and a couple bama tunes and you will be every bit of 10's if you can drive. the 5.0's are stout and they handle a 150 shot very well. so a tune and 150 shot you'd be around 500-530whp. Deff high 10's at 126+ capable with 3 mods.