The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

BR-Z/FR-S.. turbo!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default BR-Z/FR-S.. turbo!?!

I know of four people that have already bought these little pocket rockets over at my dealership I work at. A lot of young people here and heavily into the racing scene. I drove one and it was pretty sweet.. though it felt VERY small and almost cramped compared to my ergonomically pleasant 93 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo.

I see them all the time at my work and they are pretty good looking rides at a great price! NA they're pretty tame but handle superbly from what I have both read and been told.. I really hope none of the people I know get turbo kits for them! rofl

??? DAMN!!

What do you guys think?? they may be a force to reckon with at the track next season, eh??
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
though it felt VERY small and almost cramped compared to my ergonomically pleasant 93 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo.
Lol, what?.. The only thing that could have been more cramped or smaller than my RX7 would have been a damn coffin.. That car has to be super uncomfortable inside if that's the case..
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Lol, what?.. The only thing that could have been more cramped or smaller than my RX7 would have been a damn coffin.. That car has to be super uncomfortable inside if that's the case..
lol well, in comparison to another small car it reminded me of.. when backing up and driving around it did feel very claustrophobic..

But than again, I am already accustomed to my 4289 lbs. tank lol

I like small cars and they're fun to drive fast, but I can't get over the thought of ever wrecking one and getting squished like a sardine in one of them!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Its cool but way underpowered from the factory...they really should have added a turbo option with like 100 more hp.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Its cool but way underpowered from the factory...they really should have added a turbo option with like 100 more hp.
It would kill sells of the WRX or not sell at all since people would just buy the WRX... It's a good platform for young drivers much like the Scion TC was a few years ago. It's not super fast but it has a sporty appeal and it's safe. It's a perfect teenager car.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

This should be interesting to some folks. It's way to small a car for me, a bit more compact even than my old E46 by the looks of it.

4:48 Light and dainty, he calls the BRZ (true it's 2700+ curb weight is light..)

05-10 v6 owners close your ears around 2:30..

Willow Springs comparison at around 6:40ish with our favorite Stang tracker..

I'd like Randy to take my car out with the suspension changes, and then compare them...

Last edited by JayyVee; 09-19-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
This should be interesting to some folks. It's way to small a car for me, a bit more compact even than my old E46 by the looks of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3hgleEOXA

4:48 Light and dainty, he calls the BRZ (true it's 2700+ curb weight is light..)

05-10 v6 owners close your ears around 2:30..

Willow Springs comparison at around 6:40ish with our favorite Stang tracker..

I'd like Randy to take my car out with the suspension changes, and then compare them...
Not gonna lie, Subaru's engineering, handling, and performance is much better than a Mustang.. but for a price. I actually wanted to buy a new STI when they went back to the sedan in 2011 but no way was I going to pay the 40K+ sticker.. They are great cars though, and handle like a dream and make any owner feel like a racecar driver.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
It would kill sells of the WRX or not sell at all since people would just buy the WRX... It's a good platform for young drivers much like the Scion TC was a few years ago. It's not super fast but it has a sporty appeal and it's safe. It's a perfect teenager car.
Meh, I disagree....2 completely different cars. I dont really see how that would be an issue and either way, its still money going to Subaru.

I just think the car has so much more potential with a bit more power in it.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

If these had come factory turbo and 300hp, I would own one instead of the mustang.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:04 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Meh, I disagree....2 completely different cars. I dont really see how that would be an issue and either way, its still money going to Subaru.

I just think the car has so much more potential with a bit more power in it.
How are they completely different? Because of the RWD vs AWD? It would still compete... And Subaru wouldn't get the same money as it's a shared platform with Toyota.. Whereas the WRX is solely Subaru..

Quick Reply: BR-Z/FR-S.. turbo!?!