The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Track Day Killer

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Default Track Day Killer

Built to win a little bet I made, going up against a couple of GT3's owned by a couple of investment bankers out here on the west coast, a casual conversation led to this, these two boys laughed at me when I said I thought I could build a Mustang that could spank a GT3, a lot of effort went into this project, I took their Holy'er than God attitude personally, I also forgot to mention that I have about 34yrs. of racing experience in the SCCA in Formula Ford and F2000, this wont be easy, but if we did our homework right these boys are in for a surprise, second Sunday in Nov. Thunder Hill, hope I can make my Mustang Brothers proud. I'll post more info on the car if you want, there's a lot of Cortex goodies under this thing, it's fast and fun to drive.
Attached Thumbnails Track Day Killer-001edited.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Good luck, and yes i would like to know what mods and tires etc
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

How's this for starters?
Attached Thumbnails Track Day Killer-cortex-spindle-lf.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 AM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
Built to win a little bet I made, going up against a couple of GT3's owned by a couple of investment bankers out here on the west coast, a casual conversation led to this, these two boys laughed at me when I said I thought I could build a Mustang that could spank a GT3, a lot of effort went into this project, I took their Holy'er than God attitude personally, I also forgot to mention that I have about 34yrs. of racing experience in the SCCA in Formula Ford and F2000, this wont be easy, but if we did our homework right these boys are in for a surprise, second Sunday in Nov. Thunder Hill, hope I can make my Mustang Brothers proud. I'll post more info on the car if you want, there's a lot of Cortex goodies under this thing, it's fast and fun to drive.
Do the investment bankers know how to drive, or are they just cowboys?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JThor
Do the investment bankers know how to drive, or are they just cowboys?
I just happened to be at Thunder Hill as we were testing a car the day before, I like cars and was taking a look at their cars, a GT 3 is an impressive piece, and at 145,000 it ought to be, these two looked at me like I was some kind if hick or something, to be honest I didn't like them right off the bat. I've done a million laps around this place but never in a tin top, it's fun not to be confined by a rule book for a change, so we set out to build kind of the ultimate track car, and it kind of got out of hand. Can they drive? I guess so, but can they drive ten tenths, maybe yes maybe no, but my guess is that they won't be willing to take too many risks with cars that cost that much. I've decided that I want their money, so IT"S ON.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I guess I will be the one to say it
PICS!!!!!!!
VIDS!!!!!!
and good luck
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 AM
mth21305

A GT3 is an impressive car and an expensive one at that. But with the right mods and the right driver i think it can be done, look forward to the pics and the results.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I love it when someone runs their mouth and does not have a clue who they are talking to. Especially when they are talking down to the "little people". Taking their money is one thing. I hope you take it. Walking off knowing that they have been beat by "little people" will be priceless. Please understand that I am not talking down to you as a "little person". Hell, I am just a pipe welder. I just do not like that kind of mentality. Lots of luck my friend!! Keep us posted.

Edit; Any idiot with enough cash can buy a car and play with it. I do not know what a GT 3 is or really care. It takes a person with knowledge and skill to build something their self. That is what seperates the men from the playboys IMHO.

Last edited by mapitts; 10-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
Edit; Any idiot with enough cash can buy a car and play with it. I do not know what a GT 3 is or really care. It takes a person with knowledge and skill to build something their self. That is what seperates the men from the playboys IMHO.
It's Porsche's track based 911.

Do you have anymore pics and a list of mods?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 AM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
How's this for starters?
that its absolutely BEAUTIFUL! lol cant wait to see what else u got under there....good luck at the track!

Quick Reply: Track Day Killer