The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Cobra vs cam/d1 srt8.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default Cobra vs cam/d1 srt8.

So there's a local guy, him, his buddy and me and tcstanger have been going back and forth quite a bit this winter about our cars. The main guy has a srt8 charger, not sure of the year but its not the newest body style. Stock motor with a cam, d1sc, bolt ons, built trans, upgraded axles, dr's, etc. he dyno'd 556 whp I believe and his best time from last year was a mid 11. 11.49 I believe which is the same that I got. Both of our best traps have been 123. Now onto this year, he's adding a traction lock rear diff, slicks and skinnies. I'm adding about 25~ whp and am going to actually launch my car how it should be launched. My boss will be tuning my car, he said usually cars with similar set ups dyno around 496-510whp. So assuming I'm 50hp below the charger. But, with a lot less weight, better gearing, aerodynamics, etc, what's everyone's opinions on us lining up this spring? From all the **** talk that's happened it's going to happen, no doubt about that. Just curious what you guys think his car is capable of, as well as mine. He thinks he'll be in the 10's this year, and I'm hoping for the same. But I don't see a 10 slip in that car, but then again my opinion might be blurred from the **** talk which is why I'm making the thread lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
So there's a local guy, him, his buddy and me and tcstanger have been going back and forth quite a bit this winter about our cars. The main guy has a srt8 charger, not sure of the year but its not the newest body style. Stock motor with a cam, d1sc, bolt ons, built trans, upgraded axles, dr's, etc. he dyno'd 556 whp I believe and his best time from last year was a mid 11. 11.49 I believe which is the same that I got. Both of our best traps have been 123. Now onto this year, he's adding a traction lock rear diff, slicks and skinnies. I'm adding about 25~ whp and am going to actually launch my car how it should be launched. My boss will be tuning my car, he said usually cars with similar set ups dyno around 496-510whp. So assuming I'm 50hp below the charger. But, with a lot less weight, better gearing, aerodynamics, etc, what's everyone's opinions on us lining up this spring? From all the **** talk that's happened it's going to happen, no doubt about that. Just curious what you guys think his car is capable of, as well as mine. He thinks he'll be in the 10's this year, and I'm hoping for the same. But I don't see a 10 slip in that car, but then again my opinion might be blurred from the **** talk which is why I'm making the thread lol.
If he is not adding power mods, he will still be a 123mph car. Will most likely cut his ET some, but no more mph.

You will have more power this go round, which means you should be a few mph quicker mph wise. Provided you can get that power to the ground with a good 60, then you should win.

Also, you have a 500-600lb weight advantage. He would have to have 80 more rwhp or so than you to be a faster car.

If you don't blow the tires off, you will win. From a roll, you will walk him.

Good luck, and be safe.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Although you have a slow car, I still don't see him pulling you after you do retune, etc...or this Charger running 10s. He's making good power, but he is still way heavy, etc. Never know though, cause those slicks and skinnies will drop a lot of unsprung weight and of course hook harder. I see an 11.1-2 from him at best..from a roll it should be a good race, but I feel like you will pull there too. Would love to see his dyno sheet so I could see what his powerband looks like.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Still should be a drivers race... Him putting on bigs/littles will make up for the fact that you are adding 25rwhp. Have TC race him :-)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

TC is racing him also, and for some reason the charger guys think they're gonna beat him too, which the only way that's happening is if he breaks or something. This guy claims he doesn't street race(even tho tc raced him at the beginning of last year on the street) so it'll prolly just be track passes. If he starts to pull on me then ill just turn the nitrous on haha
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Yeah... On the juice you will kill him.... What is TC hoping for out of his setup?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I don't know what he's actually aiming for, I think since he's going auto he'll be around 650whp. So yeah he'll destroy the charger at the track. I personally think me and the charger will be like you said, a drivers race. He thinks he's gonna beat me pretty easily, I think it'll be within a car or so one way or the other. And yeah, on nitrous I'm hoping for around 600whp/650 tq so that'd be a gimme race but I don't plan to use it against him.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

You got this.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

The chargers funna rape you.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6