The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Not really sure where to put this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Yeah he definitely is full of crap and I have to deal with it everyday. I try to minimize my contact with him because sometimes it gets too much and I would need to leave the room. He's actually pretty knowledgeable about cars and he knows his stuff but I think he just has a superiority complex and likes to talk big. I just don't trust that all that he claims is true. I still haven't told him what I've done to my car other than an aftermarket exhaust for fear that he might add on another 200hp to his claims.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Yeah, I think we've all known people like that. Sometimes it's best to just smile, give a nod, then walk away. I course knowing your car is faster lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Yeah, I think we've all known people like that. Sometimes it's best to just smile, give a nod, then walk away. I course knowing your car is faster lol.
Yeah that's exactly what I do lol. I just play dumb and make it seem like I don't know anything since he's the "resident car guy" because he has two actual classic muscle cars and I drive a woman's car according to him. On another note, what would I need to do to hit 11s? And is it possible to have a daily driven 11 second car?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
On another note, what would I need to do to hit 11s? And is it possible to have a daily driven 11 second car?
I DD my 11 second car, lots of people do. Still sounds and drives like a stock car believe it or not.

Yours is definitely more difficult to pull 11s out of than mine, but nitrous, gear, and the right tires should get you there. If you have some money to spend, forced induction along with supporting mods will do it as well. Just depends how deep your pockets are as to which route to take.

A stall if you're automatic. Half second alone..
Old 06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I DD my 11 second car, lots of people do. Still sounds and drives like a stock car believe it or not.

Yours is definitely more difficult to pull 11s out of than mine, but nitrous, gear, and the right tires should get you there. If you have some money to spend, forced induction along with supporting mods will do it as well. Just depends how deep your pockets are as to which route to take.

A stall if you're automatic. Half second alone..
Cool thanks! I figured it would take forced induction. I'm just a bit worried about the reliability of it being daily driven. I'm not looking to do this anytime soon so I've got some time to save up for it. I'm just making 11s my goal for now but I'm sure once I've hit that I'm gonna be wanting more lol. I've also been leaning towards the turbocharger route. I know I'm gonna have to rebuild the engine before that but I'm not entirely sure exactly which parts to replace for stronger parts. I was looking into getting a forged stroker kit to increase my displacement and also to replace the weaker stock parts. Would that be enough?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Cool thanks! I figured it would take forced induction. I'm just a bit worried about the reliability of it being daily driven. I'm not looking to do this anytime soon so I've got some time to save up for it. I'm just making 11s my goal for now but I'm sure once I've hit that I'm gonna be wanting more lol. I've also been leaning towards the turbocharger route. I know I'm gonna have to rebuild the engine before that but I'm not entirely sure exactly which parts to replace for stronger parts. I was looking into getting a forged stroker kit to increase my displacement and also to replace the weaker stock parts. Would that be enough?
Oh yea, modding is a slippery slope for sure. You should talk to TCStanger, he's built one hell of a 2V. We're all expecting 10s out of him soon as he gets to the track.

Forged internals will definitely take care of most of the weak stuff. A forged stroker along with cams would give you solid/reliable base to start with. Might be cheaper just going with a teskid or DSS versus trying to build your stock engine. Or find yourself an 03-04 Cobra engine.

Its not hard to build a reliable 11 second DD. Just have to talk to lots of people and get it right instead of going big in just one or two areas. Do a little to everything in other words. Not just a huge cam, or just crazy steep gearing, etc..
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Oh yea, modding is a slippery slope for sure. You should talk to TCStanger, he's built one hell of a 2V. We're all expecting 10s out of him soon as he gets to the track.

Forged internals will definitely take care of most of the weak stuff. A forged stroker along with cams would give you solid/reliable base to start with. Might be cheaper just going with a teskid or DSS versus trying to build your stock engine. Or find yourself an 03-04 Cobra engine.

Its not hard to build a reliable 11 second DD. Just have to talk to lots of people and get it right instead of going big in just one or two areas. Do a little to everything in other words. Not just a huge cam, or just crazy steep gearing, etc..
Thanks for the advice! I've got plenty of time so I'm gonna be doing lots of research before then. This forum has been a lot of help with what I need so I think I'll find most of what I'm looking for here .
Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

On another note, what would I need to do to hit 11s? And is it possible to have a daily driven 11 second car?
in a 2v... FI/Nitrous.. it might get expensive sadly. I personally know too many people with FI 2V cars stuck in the upper to mid 12s. I don't know enough to point you in the right direction though so hopefully one of the resident 11 second 2V guys will know.

DD means different things to different people and can change a lot depending on where you live. As Stone said people (in the south) frequently DD 11 second and faster cars. I'm riding the border of stupid where I live... and thats with a 12 second car. I'm usually the only other 'performance' vehicle around once the snow starts flying.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Well I live in CA more specifically in the Bay Area so I don't have to worry about snow, but I do have to worry about stupid drivers on the road and stop and go traffic during rush hour. I guess the only problem I'd really have is not being able to use all that power lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Its very easy to have an 11 sec daily driver. I was running 11.7's on the setup i used to run for 2 1/2 years. Stock long block with bolt ons and a supercharger. I still daily my new setup and it has a solid 9 second pass in it if I can ever take it out to the track.

Quick Reply: Not really sure where to put this.