The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

11 second Mustang 5.0's

Old 07-06-2013, 09:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 11 second Mustang 5.0's

How many 5.0 owners are running 11 seconds?

I see a lot of videos on Youtube but how many owners are actually running those times and with minimal bolt on's?

Coming back from the LX (Mopar) world and into the Mustang scene, most of the 9-10 second cars are monster builds (built 392, 426, 440) with blowers and nitrous.

Far from the normal persons income lol

Even a low 11 second car, or mid 11 second car takes about $10k+ to get there.

The 4700lbs. tank I was running this year only ran mid 12's with a blower and barely got a few unofficial 12.1s, I spent nearly $7k on the blower and $3k last year on transmission mods.

Not trying to spend anywhere near that much on a 5.0 unless it's running low 10's!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:50 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Dang.. the auto in the new 5.0 does not even have a 1-2-3-D option?! Just that ghey little +/- button on the shifter?

I guess it'll save wear and tear on the trans but so much for being able to select a gear on the fly unless you use that little toggle switch lol

What a jip! At least a normal gear range selector would be nice since no paddle or slap shifter...
Old 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Dang.. the auto in the new 5.0 does not even have a 1-2-3-D option?! Just that ghey little +/- button on the shifter?

I guess it'll save wear and tear on the trans but so much for being able to select a gear on the fly unless you use that little toggle switch lol

What a jip! At least a normal gear range selector would be nice since no paddle or slap shifter...
The way the new 6 speed automatics shift in the new 5.0's with a tune you don't need to do anything but put the car in 'D' and mash the gas!!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I was thinking more along the lines of daily driving and having access to all the usable gears. I disliked the way the stock 5.7 Hemi shifted in Drive but at least there was a manual mode and the newer 13+ have the option for paddle shifters and an aggressive shift strategy. Sure, it will no way touch a modded 5.0 or even one with a canned tune, but day in day out, at least I had control over the gears etc.

I imagine the daily drive with an auto 5.0 day to day not as fun due to not being able to quickly manually shift gears. I could use the toggle switch but what fun is that? lol

I'll have to drive one and see how I like it.

13.5/13.6s in a 4589lb. vehicle and AWD isn't bad, but it's a huge sacrifice for not having a quick car for the summer...

Last edited by stealth_GT; 07-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

[B]How many 5.0 owners are running 11 seconds?
Just need a Tune, (UPR) suspension, and tires!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 AM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
i second that. my buddy ran 11's with an frpp tune, slicks and suspension.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:04 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

^^Nice video!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
I hope so. I honestly haven't seen many 11 second (street) cars up here unless they were highly modified, and even then they are still in the 11.2-11.4@125-127mph area.

Kudos to them, but I am not trying to extensively mod my car ( at most, a supercharger @ 5-7 psi, at most) while only adding bolt on's and stock motor and trans (maybe except for a stall and gears!)

I plan on dominating at my local track, street car/trim wise

I also plan on extensive weight reduction (carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, rear seat delete etc.)

There is a guy with a planned 9 second Chevy S10 with a built motor, trans etc., but he's a Master tech and I am a 2nd year general line tech lol

and I plan on driving mine year round.. rain.. snow.. you name it..
Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

On these cars, how much reduction is a 3800 stall and gears worth?? is 1.5 being a little too generous??

I dropped that much in my 09 RT last year with a few carefully chosen mods. I'd be amazed to be running 11.5's with minimal mods, including those above...
Old 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I hope so. I honestly haven't seen many 11 second (street) cars up here unless they were highly modified, and even then they are still in the 11.2-11.4@125-127mph area.

Kudos to them, but I am not trying to extensively mod my car ( at most, a supercharger @ 5-7 psi, at most) while only adding bolt on's and stock motor and trans (maybe except for a stall and gears!)

I plan on dominating at my local track, street car/trim wise

I also plan on extensive weight reduction (carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, rear seat delete etc.)

There is a guy with a planned 9 second Chevy S10 with a built motor, trans etc., but he's a Master tech and I am a 2nd year general line tech lol

and I plan on driving mine year round.. rain.. snow.. you name it..
Supercharged Coyote = 10-second daily driver all day every day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 11 second Mustang 5.0's