The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Every M3 owner seems to one a piece of my 5.0

Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Default Every M3 owner seems to one a piece of my 5.0

I don't know what's with M3 owners. I am talking about the E46 owners, it seems like they have something to proof. All 3 owners that have pulled next to me have seen my taillights. You see, I am all for a friendly race as long as it kept within safe speeds. Most other owners seem to want to have a friendly race and just give it a go, even some Camaro owners share the fun. The M3s that pulled next to me, once they loose, they disappear very pissed. Were they expected to win or something?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 AM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

when you spend 60-70k on a "luxury sports car" ya you expect to win. I remember a few years back I raced a guy in a 911 (non turbo) and destroyed him. he was not happy that his 80k car was beat by my 25k stang.

congrats on the win and it sure is fun to create and upset
Old 12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

M3 owners are mostly snobs, which mean they don't know jack about cars.
If they did, they wouldn't buy an overpriced car to begin with.
To them, a high price tag means more powerful, Not!
That's the beauty of the Stang... best bang for the money.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

When the 2011 5.0 came out, one of the magazines compared it to the M3 and a rivalry was born. Doesn't bother me any. I'll happily spank an M3.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

I think we are building quite a reputation with the 5.0's. It reminds of the 03-04 cobra days. Just yesterday, I came upon this other guy, probably in his mid 20s. he was driving an 03-04 Z06 with an after market exhaust. The guy catches up to me and gives me a face of disapproval, towards what I was driving I assumed. Then he proceeds to hit the throttle as hard as he can.

Needless to say at the next light I catch up to him. We gave it a go from 2nd gear and I had him all 2nd gear but then I slow down because of traffic but he kept going. He shows me winning lights after that as if he had won. I again catch up to him and show him the thumbs down finger, clearly he didn't beat me. So I confront him again at the next light. We went two times and I had him every time. The guy disappeared into obscurity after that, Some young folks who chased us saw the whole thing and I had a chat with them. They said the same thing, that the vette never had at me all. With this I hope to slow it down at the streets and start hitting the track instead, if only we had one near by.

3.73s do wonders for my stock car with just exhaust in the first gears, I know the vette is probably faster over all but that guy in the z06 I raced might think otherwise now.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cardude99
when you spend 60-70k on a "luxury sports car" ya you expect to win. I remember a few years back I raced a guy in a 911 (non turbo) and destroyed him. he was not happy that his 80k car was beat by my 25k stang.

congrats on the win and it sure is fun to create and upset
Thanks, those are the races I usually take, cars that are faster, just as fast or those who really ask for it. M3 owners specially.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I haven't noticed it with M3 owners but then i'm only a 4.6L. I usually get the 335i/ix owners. The ix owners get me off the line with the AWD but I reel them in after I get moving. Non AWD is pretty even until around 60 then I walk away.

I think UPRSharad hit the nail on the head with the 2011+ Mustang comparisons to the M3 that a couple of magazines made. That really got some Beemer owners miffed. A car costing half as much is as fast as they are...what!?!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rios04GT
I think we are building quite a reputation with the 5.0's. It reminds of the 03-04 cobra days. Just yesterday, I came upon this other guy, probably in his mid 20s. he was driving an 03-04 Z06 with an after market exhaust. The guy catches up to me and gives me a face of disapproval, towards what I was driving I assumed. Then he proceeds to hit the throttle as hard as he can.

Needless to say at the next light I catch up to him. We gave it a go from 2nd gear and I had him all 2nd gear but then I slow down because of traffic but he kept going. He shows me winning lights after that as if he had won. I again catch up to him and show him the thumbs down finger, clearly he didn't beat me. So I confront him again at the next light. We went two times and I had him every time. The guy disappeared into obscurity after that, Some young folks who chased us saw the whole thing and I had a chat with them. They said the same thing, that the vette never had at me all. With this I hope to slow it down at the streets and start hitting the track instead, if only we had one near by.
Good kill. I'd like to get some more races in my 5.0. I beat everyone I raced at Test n Tune last week. One was a 5.0, another was Roush 427R, one was like a modded G8, and another was either a ZL1 or a modded 5th Gen SS. I wasn't exactly chopping down the tree, but my reaction times were between .100 and .300. Anyway, I never saw ANY of those guys, other than the staging lanes. They saw my tail lights the whole time. Fun fun.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Well Ford wanted to smash into the BMW market and they are doing it and pissing the Germans off every step of the way lol
Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I noticed that too.. although I've only seen 2 M3s they are pretty rare around here. I've had some debates with a c5 z06 owner on who would win.. my 1/4 mile times proved me right compared to his, even if we didn't race on the same day(same track)...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Every M3 owner seems to one a piece of my 5.0