The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

that time of year! Ctgreddy vs Mrtstang rematch

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I'm having a forged 363 done by fordstrokers. I hear those blocks are good for 1200HP. I doubt ill sniff anywhere near a crazy number like that.
Nice! What kind of power are you looking to make? Are you using the mods in your sig?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:14 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Nice! What kind of power are you looking to make? Are you using the mods in your sig?
I'm going to carb this motor using the 190cc heads I already have. Bigger cam. And still us the 200 shot. Hopefully it'll see mid 9s on the new set-up. It should be right around 650WHP on the spray. About 475 motor. What power level are you at with the current set-up?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I'm going to carb this motor using the 190cc heads I already have. Bigger cam. And still us the 200 shot. Hopefully it'll see mid 9s on the new set-up. It should be right around 650WHP on the spray. About 475 motor. What power level are you at with the current set-up?
That will be a beast for sure then! I never got a "real" dyno run. Basically it made 420 n/a/500 on the 100 shot on a really stingy Mustang dyno with the motor being brand new, crappy exhaust, and no break in. The tuner called it their "heartbreaker dyno" lol. Realistically it should be 450-460 n/a, and may 530 or so on the sauce. Once the motor started breaking in, and did a few exhaust mods, it made a really big difference. Greddy can confirm this since we've ran each other a million times now lol. Once I beef up the rear i'll probably hit it with a 200-250 shot. The motor can take more, but i'm not sure i'll want more than that lol

What do you currently make for power? 10.5 @ 123? If so that's pretty damn good!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

That will be a beast for sure then! I never got a "real" dyno run. Basically it made 420 n/a/500 on the 100 shot on a really stingy Mustang dyno with the motor being brand new, crappy exhaust, and no break in. The tuner called it their "heartbreaker dyno" lol. Realistically it should be 450-460 n/a, and may 530 or so on the sauce. Once the motor started breaking in, and did a few exhaust mods, it made a really big difference. Greddy can confirm this since we've ran each other a million times now lol. Once I beef up the rear i'll probably hit it with a 200-250 shot. The motor can take more, but i'm not sure i'll want more than that lol

What do you currently make for power? 10.5 @ 123? If so that's pretty damn good!
You'll want more. No one just stops wanting more power. Look at me for example lol. I had a Perfectly running v6 making 169rwhp lol. Took that pos out and put a stock block 4.6 with bolt on's in and made 260rwhp. Then put a s-trim on and made 420rwhp. Then I bought a long block, ported heads, and blower cams from MMR and made 560rwhp. Then I sold the s-trim for a YSI and made 660rwhp. Now I sold the YSI for a 7675 precision turbo and I'm Looking to make even more... This all happened in 4 years lol. So up the jets to a 300 or 350 shot and see what that bad MF can do! Then race me for fun.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and my vote is for CT Both on and off spray. Only because I'm going to talk him into a bigger shot.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The shop that set it up got 460 when they were tuning, they also claimed it was tuned on the low side to preserve the stock block.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

TCStangerv6, if you talk Greddy into a bigger shot then it's game over for me for sure lol. I know you're right about the whole power thing, but even at a 200 shot, and with my 4.10's, it would be a nightmare. I simply blow the tires off in 2nd right now, and tempature and surface pending i've broke them loose in 3rd as well lol

Damn bluebeast your ride sounds like it would give TCStangerv6 a run once you get it all together
Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Yes, 200 shot + 4.10's = no traction! That would be a wild ride no doubt!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:02 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

TCStangerv6, if you talk Greddy into a bigger shot then it's game over for me for sure lol. I know you're right about the whole power thing, but even at a 200 shot, and with my 4.10's, it would be a nightmare. I simply blow the tires off in 2nd right now, and tempature and surface pending i've broke them loose in 3rd as well lol

Damn bluebeast your ride sounds like it would give TCStangerv6 a run once you get it all together
Get a cheap set of slicks on steel wheels. It would just be an arms race with TC. He'd up the boost, I'd up the spray. Carnage would insue.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

BTW apparently Greddy and I made the front page of ls1tech lol

Check it out

http://ls1tech.com/articles/tales-sr...ace-neck-neck/

Quick Reply: that time of year! Ctgreddy vs Mrtstang rematch