The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Lots of action coming this season

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Explosive

Default Lots of action coming this season

Well, the hoist is almost ready which will make my car come along much quicker.

Name:  0408142209_zps0xni9pza.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  101.3 KB

I'm getting full 31 spline rear setup with 4.10s as most know. My new fuel pump and boost a pump along with line lock.

The camaro in the pic is the one youve seen me race before. Long tubes/ful exhaust, CAI and tuned. Getting dropped and some solid control arms this season. You'll see more of us racing this year.

Buddy picked up this G8, so far it has CAI and some exhaust work and a tune. He just ordered kooks long tubes, and midpipe and exhaust. It'll sit like that for a while and hes talked of cam or nitrous. I'm interested to see how i do against that.

Guy i went to school with has been talking lots of trash, he's got a LS2 gto automatic. Stock i believe. I'm not concerned with that. Hes talking of trading it in on a C7. I'd like a piece of that to see how i stack up. he sucks at driving im pretty sure so i could prob handle that with spray.

My other buddys grudge car has come along nicely. Youll see some of that.

And my other friend is trading his hardtail harley for a CBR1000. He wants to race me bad so i told him i would. We'll do a bunch of runs but I'm really wanting to go to the 1/8th from a dig. If i spray I think i could hold him off since i assume he will be struggling to keep the front tire down.

Annnnnnnnnd finally. That GTO youve seen me race will also be back for some runs I think. 6 speed. LS2 but needs driver mod bad.

Excited for this year !

Last edited by Explosive; 04-23-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

you should be able to take the g8 when he gets headers and what not. a buddy of mine has one and when it was bolt ons(intake, headers, tune) it ran mid 13's. He then put a cam/stall in it and a little steeper gears. He hasn't been back to the track yet but that setup ran right with my setup last year, I'd put like a car on him.

gto's are slow, just ask stone. So that'll be no problem. If he ends up getting a c7 you need to let me in on that action too tho
Old 04-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Explosive

Yea i think hes worried about beating my car. I think he should go bolt ons with cam ect of nitrous. I only went nitrous because of ease and price. Not a ton of options with my motor. Im hoping the c7 really happens thatd be fun
Old 04-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

That G8 should give you a good run. I ran an intake/tune G8 last weekend at the track and he went 12.3 at 111 mph. He had a good tire under it. His headers will really wake it up as far as top end goes and how he does from a roll, prob be more like a 114-115 mph car at that point from what I've seen. Don't sweat those GTOs being they are stock. With headers, tune, and a manual it'll be a lot different just like the G8.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Explosive

Was the g8 you ran a gxp stone? My buddys is just a gt
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive

My other buddys grudge car has come along nicely. Youll see some of that.

And my other friend is trading his hardtail harley for a CBR1000. He wants to race me bad so i told him i would. We'll do a bunch of runs but I'm really wanting to go to the 1/8th from a dig. If i spray I think i could hold him off since i assume he will be struggling to keep the front tire down.

Annnnnnnnnd finally. That GTO youve seen me race will also be back for some runs I think. 6 speed. LS2 but needs driver mod bad.

Excited for this year !
maybe we can set something up this year?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:55 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
maybe we can set something up this year?
If you lose we can set something up with my coworker .

op I think I was wrong, I think my buddy ran a mid 12 with his bolt on g8 not a mid 13. that would make more sense since a bolt on g8 gt dynos in the 350-360 area. then bottom 400's with a cam.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Explosive

I deff. Think he should be looking for action this year. It took a bit of last summer for him to get it together. Seems good this season
Old 04-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Was the g8 you ran a gxp stone? My buddys is just a gt
Na, it was just a GT. They respond to tuning and bolt-ons like you wouldn't believe.

Don't see too many of those GXPs.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Heres the slip where we ran. G8 on left of course.
Attached Thumbnails Lots of action coming this season-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lots of action coming this season