The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

new build requires new guesses on numbers/times

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Sweet! Are you making any new mods to put the extra power down? If not I'm going to guess around high 10.0s with a spectacular trap speed. Should be able to beat everything but a 6 cylinder in ROTM. LOL.
LOL!!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

^ Yeah that sucks lmao. Guess there's more carolina guys then there are s/s guys haha.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
^ Yeah that sucks lmao. Guess there's more carolina guys then there are s/s guys haha.
We need to just make sure we limit it to one s/s guy in Rotm. Plus my **** sucks at this lol.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:20 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Got it started and got driveability pretty good. wot starts later today/tomorrow.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:36 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Good news and bad news. Got the wot tuning about half way done, but I'm not sure if I should continue. It's making 18.5-19 lbs which is exactly where I wanted but my fuel pumps are not happy. On my initial datalog the car when rich up top past 5k rpm(10.0 afr) and the fuel pumps are maxxed out at 100% duty cycle. I redid the tune to pull some fuel out and try and get closer to 11.5 but dont think it's gonna help the fuel pump issue. they're still keeping up just fine as there's no lean spikes just scary knowing there's no more I can get out of it.

So now I need to decided, upgrade the fuel pumps with some basic ones and do a small shot of nitrous(35-50) to help keep iat's cooler. Or upgrade the whole fuel system, sell the nitrous and run e85 which will also keep iat's cooler but probably make more power. I'm leaning more torwards the e85 route as of now.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Upgrade the pumps and use meth to cool it down.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:08 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Upgrade the pumps and use meth to cool it down.
That's another option. You're just an e85 hater tho :P
Old 09-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
That's another option. You're just an e85 hater tho :P
Bad experience with it as you know, lol. Seriously though, its not a bad way to go. Will you have to go bigger on the injectors with E85 or you still good?

Thinking new pumps and meth would be a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to mess with the nitrous anymore.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:58 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Bad experience with it as you know, lol. Seriously though, its not a bad way to go. Will you have to go bigger on the injectors with E85 or you still good?

Thinking new pumps and meth would be a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to mess with the nitrous anymore.
yes I'd need bigger injectors. Ease is my least concern, you should know that by now lol. At this point I think e85 would offer the best end results. cheap gas, more timing/boost so more hp, cooler air temps, more knock resistance, no extra parts to go wrong(like solenoids or pumps). The only downfalls are having to test it and if I go on long trips. e85 is everywhere here, and I guess if I ever go on a trip I can load a 93 tune and be good. Plus at that point my fuel system would be setup and I'd probably never have to change anything on it.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If E85 is plentiful in your area it's a no brainer. The nearest gas station that carried it near me was 45 minutes away in philly. I ran a meth kit and was very happy with the results on the Neon. Meth or c16 was the only things I could find that would hold my high octane tune on blue.

Quick Reply: new build requires new guesses on numbers/times