MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Racers Bench (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench-127/)
-   -   VS my friends STI (https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-racers-bench/720473-vs-my-friends-sti.html)

dragman72 07-07-2015 03:32 PM

VS my friends STI

My friend has an STI, Just picked up a new short block from PTG and when he's finished they will tune it, it will be around 475-485 to the wheels. he wants to run me when it's done.

I have a 2013:
Bama 93 octane tune
Drive by wire JBM eliminator
Super Cobra jet intake
Super Cobra jet throttle body
Ford racing intake
BBK shorty's, True Xpipe and Roush axel back
For racing .410's
The suspension work also is great. you can shift at almost 8,000 and it barely barks the tires just squats and goes.

I know his car will REALLY run when he gets it back, but are we going to be close?
If you had my car what would you do next? I wanted to keep it N/A but if there isn't a lot more I can get I may have too change that plan.

bluebeastsrt 07-08-2015 01:52 AM

He should drag you. Supercharge your car and outrun just about everything on the street.

dragman72 07-08-2015 08:00 AM

I was kind of thinking that if he spools it on the line with the AWD he would take me. Any chance of getting the advantage staying N/A, but if I was to supercharge what would the best route be.

okbfd 07-08-2015 08:12 AM

It all comes down to power/weight.....then AWD and it sounds like you are pretty hosed. Like BB says, put a blower on that puppy.

88 orangepeel notch 07-08-2015 09:58 AM

AWD really sucks when you don't have it and the car in the other lane does lol.

Best of luck, but this race will be over within the first couple feet. There's just nothing you can do about it.

Unless you want to play dirty............

AMAlexLazarus 07-08-2015 10:49 AM

First and foremost - Keep it on a track please! STI's are deceiving fast and for what it's sounding like he's putting in there it's not looking good. Hey, I'm just trying to be realistic here! I'll cut you a dealer on a supercharger and we'll all go to ATCO or Maple and see who comes out on top!

Alex

dragman72 07-08-2015 12:17 PM

Track only for sure.
I am up for suggestions on superchargers. If I throw say another 8K or so into that how much power gains should I expect?

bluebeastsrt 07-08-2015 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by dragman72 (Post 8495434)
I was kind of thinking that if he spools it on the line with the AWD he would take me. Any chance of getting the advantage staying N/A, but if I was to supercharge what would the best route be.

Depends if you want the instant torque of a roots type blower or the higher end pull of the centrifugal. Both will have your car trapping close to 130 thru the 1/4.

bluebeastsrt 07-08-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus (Post 8495460)
First and foremost - Keep it on a track please! STI's are deceiving fast and for what it's sounding like he's putting in there it's not looking good. Hey, I'm just trying to be realistic here! I'll cut you a dealer on a supercharger and we'll all go to ATCO or Maple and see who comes out on top!

Alex

You ever need a 2015 gt auto test car to do a supercharge install video on. You just let me know.:)

Stone629 07-08-2015 10:14 PM

You can get away with either blower and push that motor pretty far, enough to beat that STI. But as it sits, you're done brother. Nothing you can do NA with that one. Centri blower will be a little easier to install, easier to keep the charge cool..and cheaper.. Totally up to you though, can't go wrong with a roots or centri.