Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Diablo sport tuner theft light issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Double0SixShooter
1st Gear Member

Exclamation Diablo sport tuner theft light issue?

Hey guys, I'm back again with an issue. 2000 V6 Stang I used my friends tuner after doing a motor swap (same engine type), and I was tinkering with it trying to work out the final bugs. I can to discover that the water pump was bad on the new motor after it began to over heat. So I turned it off and let it sit for a while. I tried to start it a few times afterwards and it wouldn't start (would crank, combust a few times but not start) anyway, the real issue is this, I began to check codes using my friends diablo sport tuner, and I made a 93 octane tune. I read and wrote my car on the tuner and when all was said and done the theft light would blink I think code 23? However with the light on I'm able to still read my codes unlike some of the other people I've seen through my research and I think the car will still start, couldn't be sure because by that point the battery ran dead... But I would like to brain storm the issue before I go back out to look at it tomorrow. Btw the car already had a 93 octane tune successfully installed before hand by this same tuner. Would it be to late for me to reload the original tune?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

First, get a charger ont he battery.
Flashing with low voltage can be an issue and have bad results.

Once its charged, you can restore no problem. If you still have a PATS issue after you restore, something 'bad' happened when you flashed at one point, likely due to low voltage.

If its an issue, let me know and I can make you a custom tune to disable PATS until you can have the key reprogrammed.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Double0SixShooter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
First, get a charger ont he battery.
Flashing with low voltage can be an issue and have bad results.

Once its charged, you can restore no problem. If you still have a PATS issue after you restore, something 'bad' happened when you flashed at one point, likely due to low voltage.

If its an issue, let me know and I can make you a custom tune to disable PATS until you can have the key reprogrammed.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply! When I initially loaded the tune the car still had normal power, after I loaded the tune I killed it from trying to start, I thought it was the fuel issue at first. But I reloaded the original this morning and still nothing. What do I need to do at this point?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

load the tune then export a copy of the stock tune and email it to me at mlitsch @ diablosport.com and i'll send you a tune to disable PATS for now.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Double0SixShooter
1st Gear Member

load the tune then export a copy of the stock tune and email it to me at mlitsch @ diablosport.com and i'll send you a tune to disable PATS for now.
Ok cool, will I still be able to drive it without symptoms? Is there a sort of time limit on how long the tune will be good for?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

it will be fine forever, you just wont have PATS until its relearned by the dealer.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Double0SixShooter
1st Gear Member

it will be fine forever, you just wont have PATS until its relearned by the dealer.
Ok I will Email you the tune now.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

I never got anything.....