MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tuner Central (https://mustangforums.com/forum/tuner-central-131/)
-   -   Throttle problems after BAMA tune (https://mustangforums.com/forum/tuner-central/728378-throttle-problems-after-bama-tune.html)

S550GT 11-23-2016 08:20 PM

Throttle problems after BAMA tune

After installing a C&L Racer CAI with a BAMA 93 octane tune, I've been having intermittent throttle response problems. Sometimes acceleration is milder than it should be for the accelerator position; other times I step on the accelerator and get no response at all. It mostly happens in third gear or higher. Feathering the gas once or twice after the hesitation helps.
I have a support message in to BAMA and I'm waiting to hear back.
The car is a 2015 GT Premium with performance pack. No other mods besides the CAI.

UVAGT 11-24-2016 05:19 PM

I'm having the same exact issue

I have the same car and recently installed the C&L Race CAI and I'm having the same issue with the limiter kicking in at acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear around 2800 rpm and stays stuck until I pump the accelerator 3 or 4 times. This issue is present in all 3 Bama tunes sent for the CAI; the 87 Performance, 93 Race, and the 93 ghost cam.
The problem does not exist with the stock tune.
I've been working with Bama, they've sent me 3 different sets of tunes and none of them made a difference.
Yesterday, they had me perform a datalog for Idle, Step, and Cruise. I sent them the datalog and I'm hoping to hear back from them tomorrow.
Strange thing is, the extra power with the new tune is there and I can feel it at the wheels until the limiter kicks in.
I also love the way the car sounds.
Has anyone figured this issue out?

UVAGT 11-28-2016 05:59 PM

BAMA solved the issue!

Well, It's been a few weeks now of going back and forth working with BAMA to get it dialed in but I now have a tune that works.

The problem was to much torque and that was setting off a limiter. Luis Ortiz from Bama started working with me after I performed a Datalog for them and he found the issue. All together I think I went through 6 different attempts at a tune before Luis and found the solution. The car now runs strong through all the gears without hesitation or getting stuck on the limiter.

I know that if I had the car in their shop, this would have been done in an afternoon but having to do this over email and around my work schedule it took several weeks.

I learned a lot about tunes through it all and also learned how to perform a datalog, something I hope I never have to do again. I think I drove my neighbors crazy with the constant starting and test driving at all hours.

S550GT 11-28-2016 10:38 PM

That is great news! I still haven't heard back from BAMA so I sent another ticket. Maybe they'll be able to send me the same corrected tune and save time. Meanwhile I'm running the factory tune.
Thanks for the update!

UVAGT 11-29-2016 08:08 AM

Give BAMA a call, they respond quick.

Give Bama a call and ask for Luis, 1 (888) 257-1770.

Coosawjack 11-29-2016 05:08 PM

Not sure if it's the same problem but I had erratic throttle with the BAMA "Race Tune" and went back to the "Performance Tune" to correct it!!:icon_imnotworthy:

Seems the "Race Tune" is geared to......Racing.......WOT for Drag Racing!!:icon_rolleyes:

S550GT 11-29-2016 09:35 PM

I called and got to speak with a Shawn Fisher. He reviewed my tune and discovered the CAI wasn't included in the tune and sent me a corrected tune, along with instructions to perform a KAM

S550GT 11-29-2016 09:44 PM

I called 888-257-1770 and got to speak with a Shawn Fisher. He reviewed my original tune and discovered the CAI wasn't included in the tune parameters so he sent me a corrected tune, along with instructions to perform a KAM reset. He said if I still had issues he would escalate to Luis. Well the symptoms continue so I performed the idle, step, and cruise datalogs and submitted the results. Hopefully they'll get this resolved soon.

S550GT 11-29-2016 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Coosawjack (Post 8568033)
Not sure if it's the same problem but I had erratic throttle with the BAMA "Race Tune" and went back to the "Performance Tune" to correct it!!:icon_imnotworthy:

Seems the "Race Tune" is geared to......Racing.......WOT for Drag Racing!!:icon_rolleyes:

The BAMA rep told me every mustang will vary in its requirements. My tune is "only" a performance tune, so if it really is a torque limiter issue I would guess they're probably having even more heartburn with the race tunes.

S550GT 11-30-2016 05:20 PM

Fixed!

I worked with Luis Ortiz from Bama today and we seem to have the problem resolved.:icon_headbang:

At first he sent a "Base 93" tune, which ran without issues. This was followed by a new tune that was tweaked for a little more top end power.

Really happy with the new sound and responsiveness!