Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

sct x4 tuning vortech v3 si supercharged 05 gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 AM
sonicv3gt

Default sct x4 tuning vortech v3 si supercharged 05 gt

Hi I have a 05, how do I tune it. I was tuning around with my new tuner, under the fuel injectors there are ,stock ,30,42, but I have 39lbs that came with the SC, should I just use 42? And when I tried 4%,8%,14% more air/fuel ratio the car vibrant at idle , what's wrong? Like someone play bass drummer at engine idle speed. Under air filter , the SC also has its own version of pod filter, cant identify and adjuest on my tuner, it has many options like BBK, K&n, car only has whatever the SC same with, and outlaw exhaust ,no other mods. So if you have the same set up, can you show me how you using sct x4 tune your 05 gt?
​​​​​​​ Thank you
Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Need to ask a couple of questions to help you. Did the buy the car with the SC? Was it running when you bought it? Is it drivable at all?

I wouldn't recommend playing around with your tune, that's a good way to crater the engine. Depending on the answers to the above questions, I'd say you need to purchase a new tune. You can either find a good dyno tuner near you and have the car trailered there, or buy a tune from someone like VMP or Brenspeed or Lund or AM. Those companies can do either a canned tune to get the car running, or data log the car and write the tune.