Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Official SCT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Official SCT

Default Official SCT Thread

Introducing the Official SCT Thread for SCT Technical Resources. This thread will be monitored throughout the day during normal business hours (9am-6pm Est) however please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
For immediate Tech support please reach us at (407) 774-2447
Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Have a SCT 3 for my 11 & a SCT 4 for my 14.
Both cars were modded and tuned by the same shop.
Is there a way to download the tunes from both hand-helds to a laptop, so I could compare the tunes ?
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Official SCT

Hey 1 Alibi 2!

The files that you are able to pull off the device are going to be encrypted to protect out dealer's intellectual property so you wouldn't be able to look at them directly. Are you having an issue with your tunes or are you just curious?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:58 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

No issues with the tunes.
As both cars make close to the same hp, I just wanted to compare the tunes.
The 11 has a 2.9 Whipple, 1 3/4" Kooks LT's, 123mm CAI, SCJ mono.
The 14 has a 3.4 Whipple, 1 7/8" Kooks LT's, 140mm CAI, SCJ mono.
...............( & the 14 was de-tuned from 818 )..( stock bottom )

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 04-08-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Official SCT

If you select the button is the very top left hand corner of the screen what does it say under DB version?
Old 06-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Darleen Borden

Purchased a SCT X4 tuner from CJ Pony Parts as a package deal with their Airaid MXP CAI. They sent the tuner but apparently the CAI would take up to 3 weeks to get back in stock. I cancelled the CAI with them and purchased the same part from American Muscle. Well, it all went well putting the part on, I decided to leave out the optional venturi so it needs a tune. I updated my SCT tuner online. Went to load a tune in the car (only one choice of tune available with options menu) and there in NO Araid CAI listed to choose in the options menu under intake. What is up? So I tried the BBK choice. The car ran like crap. Tried the JLT series 3 option. The car runs great!!! Just wondering if SCT offers updated firmware or something so I can make sure things are tuned correctly for my Airaid MXP CAI??? CJ Pony Parts was no help and they sell this set as a combo (CAI and SCT X4 tuner package so others will have this problem). I don't want any air/fuel mixture issues down the road because JLT has a 110mm MAF sensor housing and my Airraid has a 100mm MAF sensor housing. I have Roush axel back mufflers if that matters but everything else is stock. Help!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Official SCT

Originally Posted by Darleen Borden
Purchased a SCT X4 tuner from CJ Pony Parts as a package deal with their Airaid MXP CAI. They sent the tuner but apparently the CAI would take up to 3 weeks to get back in stock. I cancelled the CAI with them and purchased the same part from American Muscle. Well, it all went well putting the part on, I decided to leave out the optional venturi so it needs a tune. I updated my SCT tuner online. Went to load a tune in the car (only one choice of tune available with options menu) and there in NO Araid CAI listed to choose in the options menu under intake. What is up? So I tried the BBK choice. The car ran like crap. Tried the JLT series 3 option. The car runs great!!! Just wondering if SCT offers updated firmware or something so I can make sure things are tuned correctly for my Airaid MXP CAI??? CJ Pony Parts was no help and they sell this set as a combo (CAI and SCT X4 tuner package so others will have this problem). I don't want any air/fuel mixture issues down the road because JLT has a 110mm MAF sensor housing and my Airraid has a 100mm MAF sensor housing. I have Roush axel back mufflers if that matters but everything else is stock. Help!
We do update those options but that requires to have the exact CAI and vehicle in at the same time and that doesn't always happen. There really isn't much difference between CAIs so if that selection works for you then that's great. Your vehicle's adaptive learning should be able to make up the remaining difference. If you want to be 100% sure you'd want to get a custom tune make to account for your exact set up but in my opinion that isn't necessary.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:14 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

What can I do with an old ba2600? Can the sensor be rebuilt or do y'all buy cores?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Official SCT

Our hard parts have a 1 year warranty from date of purchase. We only have whole units for the MAFs but you may be able to find parts for it online. We don't currently have any sort of buyback program for the housings.