Cruise tonight?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cruise tonight?

Idk wtf is up with my car, ill do what i can to make it to the first pretech day so i can at least get the sticker. Ordering a new crank pulley today.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
JT76

why are you ordering another crank pulley
Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

I would check the harmonic balancer b4 the crank pully again....u might of ****ed ur thrust bearing btw...i hope not
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
JT76

could be any number of a 100 things. Its 99% prob not the pulley still, considering there is nothing wrong with the one you just put on ..... Like Jeff said, it could be motor mounts, could be the flex plate/ converter. Or like the master tech at Millers work said your "uber sickkk built" transmission might have taken a crap on you. Or your engine could just be fuked because you drove it against everyones advice. We all hope that its something small and inexpensive. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

What's it doing that he's having trouble with?

By the sounds of things, I'm guessing there's some kind of a vibration.. ??
Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
JT76

car vibrates at 1500 rpm's.... they thought it was the crank pulley. Day before yesterday they replaced said crank pulley and its still vibrating.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

it vibrates between 1200-1800rpms exactly (any other rpms feels fine), in park and neutral, car shudders, steering wheel too. While driving, the vibration disappears.

Correction, there might be something wrong with the used crank pulley we put on. Ithas a bend/crack in the outer lip, where the belt sits. Looks like the pulley was pried off with a prybar and in doing so, damaged the lip. Plus it has probably 30,000 more miles than my old one lol. I went from a used pulley that may have been warped, to another used pulley that may have been warped. So it seems like the smartest thing to get a NEW pulley, and install it. Seeing how miller and i didnt **** with the crank, or transmission at all while working on the car.

Yeah the odds are kinda low that both pulleys would vibrate in almost the same range (my old one stopped vibrating at about 1600rpms), but those odds are better than the crank being off balance, considering it wasnt even touched.

Course of action is:
New harmonic balancer, check out motormounts and possibly even transmissionmounts andu-joints, then check outtorque converter and flex plate. IF we narrow it down to the crank somehow being off, im opening another ****in credit card and letting ford fix it. Let them deal with the hassle, they have the tools and manpower, and theyll also have the liability if its not fixed right haha.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GStam66

it vibrates between 1200-1800rpms exactly (any other rpms feels fine), in park and neutral, car shudders, steering wheel too. While driving, the vibration disappears.

Correction, there might be something wrong with the used crank pulley we put on. Ithas a bend/crack in the outer lip, where the belt sits. Looks like the pulley was pried off with a prybar and in doing so, damaged the lip. Plus it has probably 30,000 more miles than my old one lol. I went from a used pulley that may have been warped, to another used pulley that may have been warped. So it seems like the smartest thing to get a NEW pulley, and install it. Seeing how miller and i didnt **** with the crank, or transmission at all while working on the car.

Yeah the odds are kinda low that both pulleys would vibrate in almost the same range (my old one stopped vibrating at about 1600rpms), but those odds are better than the crank being off balance, considering it wasnt even touched.

Course of action is:
New harmonic balancer, check out motormounts and possibly even transmissionmounts andu-joints, then check outtorque converter and flex plate. IF we narrow it down to the crank somehow being off, im opening another ****in credit card and letting ford fix it. Let them deal with the hassle, they have the tools and manpower, and theyll also have the liability if its not fixed right haha.
ujoints arent it..lol they arent moving when in park so it cant be no way in hell lol... what the master tech's said at my work is ...

we remove the belt...start motor...if goes away...a pulley is putting drag on the motor and can cause that...if not...check torque converter by removing the torque convertor to flywheel bolts and pushing the torque converter back...then start the motor without the tranny attached...(yes you can do that..they showed me how and said they've done it...ill believe to master tech/gm master tech/world class techs...) and if u start it without torque convertor connected and it still vibrates..its a motor problem..if not...its prob a transmission problem..

but yes we are gonna check mounts to make sure they are tight and not worn/ripped/broken..
its not a misfire in anyway so dont say it can be that lol..

lol george ur car is never gonna stop.... tranny goes...then head goes...now something completley diffrent goes... u fix one thing something completley diffrent goes wrong
Old 04-04-2008, 05:15 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

hell when the cars not vibrating it drives like a dream tho. [8D] Anywhere after 2 grand and it throws ya back.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:40 AM
JT76

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise tonight?