MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs-4/)
-   -   Removing Headlight... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs/157138-removing-headlight.html)

IAmFreakinGreat 07-25-2006 10:21 PM

Removing Headlight...

ok so last night i was driving along and stoped at a intersection behind a truck, and i got distracted by a fine peice off ass and kinda eased off the brakes, and rolled right into the truck in front of me, thank god it only pushed in my headlight alittle and cracked a bit of paint, but anyway i was wondering how i take out my headlight so i can see if i broke any mounts and possibly fix/bend them back so my light sticks out right.

MyStangStanks 07-25-2006 10:27 PM

RE: Removing Headlight...

I'm not COMPLETELY sure, but it would be common sense for me to find the bolts that are holding the headlight housing to the frame, remove those, disconnect any wiring going to the housing, and remove the headlight itself. Again, I don't know for an absolute fact, but you might wanna try that first. At least the ass was good, right?? lol :)

penceman 07-25-2006 11:11 PM

Well it depends. I've never looked at a 99'-04' headlight assembly so I dont know about those. But I did remove my 98' headlights. Its pretty complicated and I wouldnt reccomend doing it unless you're going to replace it at the same time.

JonBeast 07-25-2006 11:13 PM

Its not complicated at all to remove 94-98 headlights. All you have to do is pull out the bulb, and squeeze the push pins and pull it out.

MyStangStanks 07-25-2006 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Its not complicated at all to remove 94-98 headlights. All you have to do is pull out the bulb, and squeeze the push pins and pull it out.
Or you could just do that...

Lucas11 07-26-2006 12:16 AM

Just pull the two pins on the back of the light. Then it should be able to come loose and slide out a little bit. Disconnect the headlight by twisting the connector on the back of the casing, and pop out the whole assembly. Remember not to let the bulb touch your hands, or anything else for that matter. Inspect the area for damage, then just reverse the process to put the light back in. Any q's pm me.

penceman 07-26-2006 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Well my pins were all messed up and wouldnt come out. Also I could tell that the driver side had been in an accident and everything was ghetto rigged on that side.

amrcnidyot 07-26-2006 03:48 AM

on 99-04 its the most easy thing you will ever do. there are 2 black pins on the back. pull them up and out and the headlight pops right out.

02 Stang 07-26-2006 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: IAmFreakinGreat

ok so last night i was driving along and stoped at a intersection behind a truck, and i got distracted by a fine peice off ass and kinda eased off the brakes, and rolled right into the truck in front of me, thank god it only pushed in my headlight alittle and cracked a bit of paint, but anyway i was wondering how i take out my headlight so i can see if i broke any mounts and possibly fix/bend them back so my light sticks out right.
I almost nailed the car in front of me in traffic because my girlfriend was ...

Well, lets just say the 5% tint comes in handy :)

deezelnut 07-26-2006 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

on 99-04 its the most easy thing you will ever do. there are 2 black pins on the back. pull them up and out and the headlight pops right out.
it is the easiest bulb change i have ever done. but the biggest PITA to figure out. i felt retarded after my 11 year old cousin came over and pulled the headlight in 5 minutes