V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Help me Identify which package

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM
BrAinPaiNt

Default Help me Identify which package

Hello, first off yes I am a newb to this forum.

I am looking for a used car with decent mileage but at a price that I can afford, which is not that much.

I found a 2003 Ford mustang base coupe (V-6 RWD 3.8 liter)

What I am trying to find out is what package it has. I found the car through autotrader.com and the dealer only has one picture and does not mention a specific package.

From what little info I have found it appears to have the pony package at least as it has a spoiler/fin and it has the hood scoop and stampeding mustang graphic at the bottom of the door areas.

However, not knowing too much about the info I was wondering if the Pony Package is an add on package to the Deluxe or Premium package.

As I said it only shows on picture and that is the exterior and before I travel around an hour away I would like to know a little more.

Here is the only other info I can see on the dealers site...

Power Steering,
Power Brakes,
Power Door Locks,
Power Windows,
Air Conditioning

The above seems to be just standard equipment from what I can tell.

Everything below seems to indicate Deluxe package except the CD player...does the CD player also come with the deluxe package or only the premium.

Power Driver's Seat,
AM/FM Stereo Radio,
CD Player,
Alloy Wheels,
Trip Odometer,
Tachometer,
Cruise Control,
Tilt Steering Wheel.

Here is the photo

I also can get the VIN# if there is a site that I can go to that would provide me with the specific package by using the VIN# I would appreciate someone providing a link.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, as I said I have a fixed amount of money I am looking to spend and although I would love a newer GT or something better, this fits my budget. I just want to get all the info I can from some people that know Ford Mustangs before I consider going to the dealer.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:28 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me Identify which package

it is def the pony package due to the rims, scoop and rocker stripes, u can also check the dealer for interior pics cause the pony package has a polished shifter bezel and petals. just curious, why is it so important for u to know the package, i u wanna look up the book value, dont pick a package and just enter all the know options that u have listed.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 AM
BrAinPaiNt

ORIGINAL: v6stang07

it is def the pony package due to the rims, scoop and rocker stripes, u can also check the dealer for interior pics cause the pony package has a polished shifter bezel and petals. just curious, why is it so important for u to know the package, i u wanna look up the book value, dont pick a package and just enter all the know options that u have listed.
Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.

Just trying to do all the research and get as much info as I can I guess. I am kind of **** like that, do the same before I buy a guitar and other things

The dealer does not have any interior photos on the site so I can not see the other areas you talked about.

One last question for you, is the pony package just an add on to the base package or is it an add on the deluxe/premium package?

I know I am being ****, but like I said I just want to get as much info as I can.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:54 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

A pony package is the one to get if you're getting a 6er, it's very well equipped. Don't believe the numbers you see, some claim only 1500 were produced, but it's an error.

Ryan
Old 12-24-2006, 12:58 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

i believe that u can add the pony package to a base or premium package mustang. do all the reserch that u want but if it has the pony package, power everything, then u really couldnt ask for much more out of a stock 6.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:20 AM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Im gonna say its a regular pony package cause mine has the same featuses but its a base V6
Old 12-24-2006, 10:20 AM
BrAinPaiNt

Thanks all for the info, it is really appreciated.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:04 AM
flash20
5th Gear Member

Looks like a good car, I know that mine is a prenuim package becuz I have a mach 460 sound system, and power seats.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
johnt2k7
4th Gear Member

i never under stood the differences because i was told if you have the 40th anniversary package or the pony package you would have some badge or emblem in the interior but i have powere everything and no symbols inside i have the 40th badge on the front fenders but i dont have a clue what package i have
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

no mach stereo, cloth, - standard package
mach 460, cloth - deluxe package
mach 460/1000 leather - premium package

Quick Reply: Help me Identify which package