V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

98 mustang 0-60 w/ 3.8 auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 98 mustang 0-60 w/ 3.8 auto

Is it really that hard to believe that I get 32 mpg in a v6 that has 273 gears and a 5 speed. I can shift to 5th gear at 45 mph. It's called high gears and a 5 speed with 16 inch rims. It's real simple, go fill the tank, see how many miles you get from that tank and divide. Hope that isn't too hard for ya! Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: indisposible_teens

I was wondering that too. I really wish all of these Newbie's would stop giving advice about racing a V6.

The early model SN95's are slow. Really Slow. Don't try and race them until you have something done to them. People that know anything about cars know how slow our V6's are. It is embarrassing listening to all of these stories about a 94-98 V6 beating or trying to beat all these other cars. Our V6's get beat by most Civics that are stock andin ok shape. lol Sorry if that seems a little rude but it is true. I have a 98 so I am not totally bashing you, just a little bashing. lol
Ummm, he was asking for advice, hence the reason for his post! Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

You were implying that the SN95's were quick, they are slow. I own a 98 V6 so I know just what they can and can not do. They are in no way quick. The 5 speeds do make them fun but then you realize they still have no power.

Yes he might or might not beat an 80's MR2 but that is stillnothing to be proud of.

I do believe you on getting 32 mpg. Ona good day when I am not speeding or anything I get around 28-30ish mpg.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:00 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang_guy17

ORIGINAL: JKs95stang

If you had a 5 speed I would say you will take him. If he's that bad at a clutch then you still will probably get em. I dunno tho', I hate automatic fords, I will never own an auto, I flat out hate em. That's just me tho', some folks like auto's. 150hp is exactly right and I have a 1995 v6 5 speed and I win auto's all the time. Even the new ones. Well, not the newest ones with over 200 hp but I'm a great driver and usually win because of that. I'll tell you from experience, I romp auto's or converts all the time. Especially convert autos, I'll flat out walk away from them and that's with a 12" MTX sub box in the rear! With the 5 speed, i don't know about the auto's, I wouldn't shift it passed 4k. I have shifted it at 4500 but the torque falls flat on it's a$$ after 4k. Keep them rpm's up and shift at 4k with his lame double clutching, you'll WIN! If he pops another clutch, you definitely win. LoL. Enjoy!
You car is a hot rod isn't it?.. I gotta go trade in my 05 for a 95v6 so I can be like you!
I never said my v6 was a hotrod. I said I beat auto's and convertible mustangs all the time because of my driving skills. Try to keep up. Heres a thought, if you have nothing constructive to say regarding him racing a mr2, keep it to yourself. Nobody likes a conceited jerk who clearly doesn't have a clue about racing. I know guys with fast cars who will never know the potential of the car just because they can't handle it. They just want to look cool driving it. Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

Almost responded to your post aimed at the other guy. lol I would have felt like a real dumbass then.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: indisposible_teens

You were implying that the SN95's were quick, they are slow. I own a 98 V6 so I know just what they can and can not do. They are in no way quick. The 5 speeds do make them fun but then you realize they still have no power.

Yes he might or might not beat an 80's MR2 but that is stillnothing to be proud of.

I do believe you on getting 32 mpg. Ona good day when I am not speeding or anything I get around 28-30ish mpg.
I never said the SN95 v6'swere quick. I drive one everyday and I know how slow they are. If he launches good with good shifting of the auto, it will be a good race. Why wouldn't he be proud, a win is a win and racing even with a car that isn't fast is fun. Still will get the blood flowing and adrenaline pumping! Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

I don't really find it fun. lol I find it sort of embarrassing actually. People ask why I get excited when I beat the oldV6 Dodge Avenger...[:@]

I am starting to get some things done to my car so hopefully it won't be as slow for to much longer.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
98mustang3.8

all u guys after the 1st page suck. i never said anything bout mine being the **** and so fast K
all i wanted to no is if u guys thought i might stand a chance against my buddies MR2.
And i was going to be proud if i win. he's always telling me my mustang is a piece of**** cause
it is a Ford. I was hopin to go up to him after the race if i won and ask him if mine is such a piece of**** then what does that make yours. but u guys are with him, i thought maybe i could get some support and tips from u guys.
And i did, until the rest of u *** holes got into it talking trash about the V6 mustangs.

So thanks to all of u who gave me some tips and helped me out>

and **** the rest of u dick eaters who came here to bash on the people with V6's[:@]
Old 01-23-2008, 04:29 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

Wow.

Did I not say that I have a 98 V6 repeatedly? I think the difference between us is that I have actually driven fast cars and know what a fast car feels like.

Be proud of winning against the MR2 if that is how you feel. It doesn't matter to me, I am not the one racing. I simply said that I wouldn't be proud of it. You got a little to hurt over what someone said on the internet...

I think you did get some tips and some support if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't have bothered trying to shift an auto though. You probably messed up the shifting pretty badly. With an auto the computer shifts for you atok shift points, hence it being an automatic.

Like I also stated before. I think I am the official ******* of this section so don't take anything I say to seriously. Congrats if you won the race, if you didn't win then do some more mods. Hell do some more mods even if you did win.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
98mustang3.8

i havnt got to try anything yet
it snowed again and there is ice and snow on the roads.
what, u dont think i no what a fast car feels like?
i no i got some tips on how to win, thats why i thanked them dumb ***
like JKs95stang he would be one of the few in here that i would thank
but not u Marilyn Manson(indisposible_teens)

Quick Reply: 98 mustang 0-60 w/ 3.8 auto