V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

My exhaust list

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Weeman
2nd Gear Member

Default My exhaust list

So, I'm getting my exhaust done in a few weeks and from surfing the net and forums for weeks, here is what I've got that I think is best. I'm writing a complete list so tell me if I am missing anything and feel free to tell me i'm f*cking up.

1999 V6 3.8 Auto (converting to 4.2 eventually)

|Divorced Duals|

Mac Longtubes
MIL Eliminator
Exhaust gasket
02 Extentions
Deleting cats
Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded Muffler
Mandrel bent pipes-2.5 (FI eventually)
3 inch tips

Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
The Yellow Pinto

Default RE: My exhaust list

sounds good too me. i think i like the sound of the flowmaster 40's the best myself, but this set up should sound real nice. good luck, keep us posted on the sound clips/vids.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Weeman
2nd Gear Member

Honestly, I think flowmasters are over-rated and I wanted to try something else but eh, who knows. I might go flowmaster later if I don't like the dynomax. Thanks for postin'
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
SonicBluev6Stang
1st Gear Member

yea everyone loves them flows,but that setup should sound nice,
make sure you go X-H pipes and you should be fine.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
The Yellow Pinto

ive heard dynomaxes on other cars (other than mustangs), and i liked the sound too...just never heard them much on stangs, so i cant chime in. i have heard plenty of flows on stangs, and i like em. however, doesnt really matter which mufflers you run, itll sound real nice with the full exhaust set up, and if you feel like changing the mufflers, just a few cuts and welds, and you can change em out.

good luck!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

exhaust manifold gaskets
exhaust leaks = [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Weeman
2nd Gear Member

Haha, yeah, the gaskets are a given but I forgot to add them to the list. Thanks! I'm not going X or H, i'm doing just a straight pipe. Long tube headers to mufflers, all 2.5piping until the3 inch tips.

I'm from the deep deep south Alabama (yes, I have all my teeth and barely no accent, I'm citified ) and all of the big lift, loud pipes, redneck trucks of doom have flowmasters and they just really get on my nerves. I think they burnt me out from Flowmasters. Nothing against their products, I just want to try something new. Though, I'm worried about not having backpressure until I force induct because that's a pretty open exhaust system, you know?

Anyway, thanks for the advice! Keep 'em coming
Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Weeman

Haha, yeah, the gaskets are a given but I forgot to add them to the list. Thanks! I'm not going X or H, i'm doing just a straight pipe. Long tube headers to mufflers, all 2.5piping until the3 inch tips.

I'm from the deep deep south Alabama (yes, I have all my teeth and barely no accent, I'm citified ) and all of the big lift, loud pipes, redneck trucks of doom have flowmasters and they just really get on my nerves. I think they burnt me out from Flowmasters. Nothing against their products, I just want to try something new. Though, I'm worried about not having backpressure until I force induct because that's a pretty open exhaust system, you know?

Anyway, thanks for the advice! Keep 'em coming
+1 LMAO!!!!... yeah i live 15 min from the AL line in northwest FL... hell around here i think they they just gut everything and run open headers
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Weeman
2nd Gear Member

Haha, really now? My HOMETOWN is right above the florida line. I can be in pensacola in like 45 mins. I love it there, its my home away from home. I'm in college right now. Florida is great And, I've heard some trucks with open headers too. lol.