V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

I got 4 round aluminum things for the car today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

I figure by doing this, I can disprove all the doubters. The same doubters that me, matt, nathan, kyle and quite a few others have dealt with on other sites. People have formulas for figuring this stuff out, but we need to know exactly what happens on a stock, ported, storked, etc setup in the real world.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
moontang
4th Gear Member

to who ever said his car is better than most of ours while nice id rather have a car that didnt have infinate number of bullseyes upon it for people to run into me with your cars been hit what 3 or 4 times now ryan?

i cant wait to see the results its goin to be interesting
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moontang
to who ever said his car is better than most of ours while nice id rather have a car that didnt have infinate number of bullseyes upon it for people to run into me with your cars been hit what 3 or 4 times now ryan?
I agree. It's funny how so many of the 'nice' Sixer cars have been through hell to get there. People forget about the set backs and frustrations.

Ryan's been majorly hit at least 3 times and in a hurricane.
Derrick's was tossed around by a tornado.
Nathan's red beast was hit and totalled.
Mine blew a head off while testing the M112 and was then stolen/stripped.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
stevenc1010
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Mine blew a head off while testing the M112 and was then stolen/stripped.
is that where your hood went? (insert thumbs down, but I cant find out how)
Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

No, I had it off for a show.

Edit: Here's a link to a thread on another site with the basics of the jacking: (Plans changed alot as it went back together...and even more up to this point.)
http://www.v6mustangforums.com/viewt...b69d146559e4e1

Last edited by LilRoush; 09-23-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Not one Hurricane, 3 hurricanes, 2 in the past month.

I barely had the car back from paint 48 hours when someone's cell phone told them to merge into me and run me off the road, and then of course being rear-ended not 3 weeks later, right before Hurricane Gustav, and then getting the car back the weekend of Ike, just a great time for my blood pressure.

People would be amazed to know the trials that most highly modified vehicles go through. Let's see, grenaded my tranny in the middle of nowhere the day before Thanksgiving 2006 about 3 months after I bought it, then the extended warranty company dropped me and refused to pay for the repairs so i was out $1200 for my new tranny. During the 3 weeks it took to put the new trany in the dealer managed to install the exhaust wrong and crushed my right rear brake line, which I didn't find out about until a month later. Went a few months with no problems, then had $4000 in stereo equipment stolen out of it right in front of my old fraternity house, then when the shop re-installed everything the navigation, bluetooth and satellite radio all screwed up due to them puting it in wrong and had to be redone, 2 more weeks without the car. October 07, tailgating at LSU, car was sideswiped by a kid going the wrong way down a one way that hit my car to swerve out of the way of 2 police motorcycles. MAde it to December when my former roommate decided to back into my brand new headlights mangling my bumper, and fender. March 08, the car was vandalized again, having all the stereo equipment stolen again, other than the heavy *** sub-box. Dropped the car off for paint in July, and then of course you all know the rest. The paint repairs done by the local shop sucked, so now I have to take it 3 hours away to houston AGAIN to have the crap work repaired by a good shop.

So who wants to take over the responsibilty of my car? lol
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
NoLiMiT06
2nd Gear Member

Damn well that sux, but atleast you got the money to do all of this LOL. I got about 3k of body damage that I got to get fixed *includes paint*. Well best of luck on getting everything fixed, would like to see some more pics...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
psyviperx
3rd Gear Member

Ill take the responsibility as long as you keep your checkbook ready.

(Next time Ryan goes out for work I'm going to LA to "trade" my car for his!!)
Old 09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Major kudos to you Ryan for deciding on trying out all your available options and getting us some real-world data. I think most people would have just picked one of the smaller ones, grabbed the 42%, and called it a day...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
moontang
4th Gear Member

i hate that i do because such nice cars have so many small problems that arent really in the owners control really its any half decent car i have not the best car but come into alot of little things like this recently it sucks anyway back on topic did you say you paid 400 for the 112 ryan?

Quick Reply: I got 4 round aluminum things for the car today!!!