V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

manually driving an automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:45 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

yeah. the sad thing is hes got almost 20 posts.... chances are hes giving equally terrible advice all over the place. good thing nobody listens to newbie goobers anyways

if he sticks around hell learn
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
anyone else find it frustrating when people refuse to listen to reason? however were not really off topic. its just fun that after almost 80 posts with real tech about trannys this kid comes in with his fast and furious bullcrap. i would assume hes 17 and taking an into level HS shop class and thinks hes an engine builder.

hey kid, ur fortunate that ur just too damned stupid to really get to me with ur posts. however yelling at you probably wouldnt have done any good either... again... the stupidity. its hard to connect with someone at your level.

alright paul walker... u just get back to tuning the launch points on autos in ur need for speed underground fantasyland. real racers use autos and ur post about outpowering the track means 1. u have never been to a track and actually raced 2. you have no understanding of simple physics and friction, 3. you pulled the entire scenario right out of ur butt.

i agree. his scenario with 300rwhp your not gonna lose traction much at all at the track unless you come with street radials at 44-51psi. and i still don't understand after 20years of racing what the difference is between an auto and a manual IF you lose traction at mid track or anywhere else after launch. get out of the throttle auto or manual simple as that. him being cocky and know it all as a newblet won't lend himself to making it very far here or elsewhere.

advise best taken for anyone and i do this myself cause you can never stop learning. sit back and listen. maybe there is knowledge there. maybe not but absorb it first and see if it makes any sense whatsoever and if it doesn't investigate it before making uneducated posts.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

i can tell u exactly where hes getting it. lack of experience and trying to just think of a scenario. one of those "looks good on paper" situations. it would just be nice if he could stop for a second and realize it just doesnt really make any sense.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Jeankrist
Banned

so...lol is a manual better than a auto?!...im kidding but with a stall converter and shift kit any auto will whoop a sticks ***, with that said can we all just get along and drive what we have and be happy about it who cares auto or stick in the end we all drive stangs
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
bgnn32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
anyone else find it frustrating when people refuse to listen to reason? however were not really off topic. its just fun that after almost 80 posts with real tech about trannys this kid comes in with his fast and furious bullcrap. i would assume hes 17 and taking an into level HS shop class and thinks hes an engine builder.
LOLLOLOLOLOLOL. A am little older than 17 there son, and I have plenty of knowledge in dealing with real race cars, started working on drag cars about 23 years ago, moved on to NASCAR stuff about 5 years later, and have worked on 4 championship teams.

But that is ok you can keep saying I have no clue, but I will stand by my experience and knowledge.

I know exactly why you have chosen to attack me though, you keep trying to get people here thinking you are god, and when someone with real knowledge shows you up, you get pissed. Funny thing is if you would just shut up and listen you could learn a thing or two, but your ego won't allow for that.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bgnn32
LOLLOLOLOLOLOL. A am little older than 17 there son, and I have plenty of knowledge in dealing with real race cars, started working on drag cars about 23 years ago, moved on to NASCAR stuff about 5 years later, and have worked on 4 championship teams.

But that is ok you can keep saying I have no clue, but I will stand by my experience and knowledge.

I know exactly why you have chosen to attack me though, you keep trying to get people here thinking you are god, and when someone with real knowledge shows you up, you get pissed. Funny thing is if you would just shut up and listen you could learn a thing or two, but your ego won't allow for that.
dispute what i have said.

what you have said makes no sense to a 20yr veteran
Old 02-21-2009, 10:42 PM
ezekiel90
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bgnn32

All of that experience, "expertise", and accomplishments. But yet drives a 97 v6 mustang. And going from what you wrote up there u are at least 40 years old but have the immaturity of an adolescent. My advice, grow up and just get off this forum board if all your going to do is just talk smack about people and cause unnecessary arguments.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:23 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Why do all the people with experience seem to have worked on huge race teams, and nascar and etc...
Old 02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
sIx
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG
Why do all the people with experience seem to have worked on huge race teams, and nascar and etc...
Don't forget the ASE certified Ford Techs that could buy a roush stage 3 computers for his v6...
Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 PM
reaper2022
2nd Gear Member

^^ he's still floating around on 3.8mustang

Originally Posted by cobra232
nope it still locks it out.

BTW how bad did you get hit by the wind last week. my power was out for 2 days. i'm not far from you. im in charleroi. your alot closer to keystone than me. maybe we can hook up this summer. i know a guy that lives around C III mall that has a procharger on his 97 and a turbo guy from greensburg. we need to make a mid atlantic V6 shootout at keystone. that would be alot of fun
Well I learned something lol... but yeah, the wind was pretty bad, I guess pittsburgh had gusts at something like 67mph; in Blairsville I'd say we probably had something like 50mph gusts... the power went out in our area, but my apartment complex has backup generators

And now you're just making me feel like my car's slow

Quick Reply: manually driving an automatic?