V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

best brake system for the stang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 AM
migimike10

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
Yeah, they want your business badly.

The first thing the guys at Springfield Brake told me when I mentioned lines was "We will beat ANY online price you find!"

Its important to put out local lines for parts you need, granted not all can be done locally but if you can get by doing some your doing good.
Yup!!!thats for sure. I'll try to find it locally, and if not then ill just get it online.

Originally Posted by ESG-642T
Cobra brakes, or mach 1 / bullitt brakes, nobody who has posted in this thread so far has a need for anything more.
You got a point. Most likely ill just go with cobra brakes if i dont find a good deal on the roush brake kit lol. im not in need of intense braking power but just enough to stop me in a dime.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

There's also a mid way point between the two: Roush 13" set up. Not as spendy at the 14" Alcons, but will lock down harder than the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1s. Then again, street cars don't really need more than the 13" with some good pads.

Cobra brakes, or mach 1 / bullitt brakes, nobody who has posted in this thread so far has a need for anything more.
I have now posted
Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

You dont know what I am doing with my car, and what stages the car is being built in.
For what I am doing, I will need something better than Cobra brakes.

Last edited by NeoTokyo; 02-13-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by LilRoush
There's also a mid way point between the two: Roush 13" set up. Not as spendy at the 14" Alcons, but will lock down harder than the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1s. Then again, street cars don't really need more than the 13" with some good pads.

I have now posted
Ah, now somebody who needs them has posted other than myself!

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
You dont know what I am doing with my car, and what stages the car is being built in.
For what I am doing, I will need something better than Cobra brakes.
What are you doing that Cobra brakes with better pads and rotors, ss lines, and higher temp fluid wouldn't have sufficed?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

I'm staying up all night tonight and going into the shop soon as it opens tomorrow for brake work. I just dont have the money right now for anything fancy so Im just gonna let them put whatever they use or it needs on it. I'm not sure what that will be. motorcraft or something probably. Long as it stops and doesn't cost a fortune.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

What are you doing that Cobra brakes with better pads and rotors, ss lines, and higher temp fluid wouldn't have sufficed?
Click the link in my sig and read a little about my project.

I Still have to make an official thread but I was waiting for the video camera or DSLR with HD, my 1DIII (although awesome) doesnt do HD video - I need a IDIV for that.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:08 AM
robb15033
2nd Gear Member

vintagevenom.com sells a SN95 direct bolt on kit that is really sweet. Just FYI, if your interested.
You need at least 18" wheels though I believe. Four piston Brembo calipers and the whole set up.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

So far in my book the Mach 1 set up is more than enough for for a slightly modded DD. I have it, I love it, and it is very easy to install, and replace. Dont listen to much to ESG - he's always in a bad mood.

Matthew
Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Vintagevenom has a nice kit but unless you find the Brembo's cheap your forking out just as much if not more than for the 00R kit.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Well I got over there but they couldn't fix my brakes. They couldn't get the wheels off hehe. Has some kind of anti theft lug nuts on it. He had to order a special socket for it. Gonna cost me $10. Gotta go back tomorrow now.

Quick Reply: best brake system for the stang?