V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

a momma trying to fix daughter's 95 Ford Mustang...headlight relay question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Cindy and Greg

thanks Cinn!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cindy and Greg
that sounds awesome.

why did you get rid of the 2007 'stang?
Trust me, I didn't want to!!! It was a combination of bad events that made us sell it and buy a 4 door sedan

For starters, my now-husband's DD died, so we sold it, leaving us with the 2007 and my DD. He has two boys from a previous marriage, and we knew we couldn't fit 2 car seats in the back of the Mustang, plus we lived in a sort of bad neighborhood at the time (so we stored the 07 somewhere else). We didn't want to DD the Mustang, it was a summer car with only 5,000 miles on it, and WI winters suck, lol.

So we regrettably sold the car and bought him a used Maxima. Happily, though, once his car is paid off and our 95 project complete, we're going to buy a new Mustang, hopefully the 50th anniversary!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

No facepalm, not for me. I'm proud to be standing up for mustangforums!!! Now, what I said might have been a bit harsh, but could be true. So, until I am proven wrong, let me call a wolf a wolf. I'm a member of no less than a dozen car boards. I ALWAYS give back to each of them in whatever way I can. Back when we could contribute here, I had my contributors tag. I've also paid money to other boards. I do write ups, post useful pics, and PM back and forth with plenty of people giving advice and trading parts. Just because it's the information age, doesn't mean it's the free age. When I see a new member and their first post is "HEEEEELLLLPP Meeeee.....", it chaps my hide a bit. I have to ask myself what even brought them to the board. When that answer is that they want me and my cohorts to help them with their problem VS. they love mustangs and want to learn/chat/contribute/ask about them, then I have to go defensive. Usually I don't even respond to newbies whose very FIRST question is "how do I fix my mess". Generally they will get a response from the 12 other boards that they asked it at simultaneously. But in this case, the question was very simplistic and I just fired a shot at it.

So, Mom in TX, I'm not the local #ickhead of this board and I don't plan to start being it. Online forums are for asking questions, but you could have used some decorum and introduced yourself first before just walking right up and asking for a hand out. So, stick around for a while, get to know people, offer up some advice, show some pics. After that I will take it back.

As for the guys here that got a shock from my comment, (daehawk, etc.), sorry to come out of the blue like that. It's been a minute since I have actively posted here. In my absence it has shrank down and slowed down quite a bit. Very few old timers around and I just felt the need to defend our smaller V6 MF society.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

You just came off rough, you have your reasons but it is our duty to welcome new members in and hope they stick.

The way I look at it, we helped her and even if she doesnt become a life long member, the info shared is forever here for the next person to use.

These pages come up on all search engines, bringing more traffic to our forum and hopefully more members. We gotta try.

btw, I wasnt questioning if you are a good member or not, you are and you have been here half as long as I have meaning your getting to be one of those old timers now too. :P
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

I'm the local a$$hole, but it takes a good bit of effort to bring it out. I'm sure a few others here can testify as to harsh the hammer comes down when I'm forced to swing it.

Austin and Arkansas, good lord. Thank god for them, otherwise LSU wouldn't have anyone close by to beat up on!

If you do order headlights off of Amazon and they aren't Ford OEM, then they will require a bead of clear silicone to be applied where the lens meets the housing, otherwise they will fill with condensation, and you'll be right back where you started.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Cindy and Greg

we ordered the awesome chrome cobra style headlights off american muscle because of your recommendation. thanks NeoTokyo (Eric)!!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Cindy and Greg

Originally Posted by arabianobsession
Trust me, I didn't want to!!! It was a combination of bad events that made us sell it and buy a 4 door sedan

For starters, my now-husband's DD died, so we sold it, leaving us with the 2007 and my DD. He has two boys from a previous marriage, and we knew we couldn't fit 2 car seats in the back of the Mustang, plus we lived in a sort of bad neighborhood at the time (so we stored the 07 somewhere else). We didn't want to DD the Mustang, it was a summer car with only 5,000 miles on it, and WI winters suck, lol.

So we regrettably sold the car and bought him a used Maxima. Happily, though, once his car is paid off and our 95 project complete, we're going to buy a new Mustang, hopefully the 50th anniversary!
50th anniversary edition...that would be AMAZING!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Cindy and Greg

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
I'm the local a$$hole, but it takes a good bit of effort to bring it out. I'm sure a few others here can testify as to harsh the hammer comes down when I'm forced to swing it.

Austin and Arkansas, good lord. Thank god for them, otherwise LSU wouldn't have anyone close by to beat up on!

If you do order headlights off of Amazon and they aren't Ford OEM, then they will require a bead of clear silicone to be applied where the lens meets the housing, otherwise they will fill with condensation, and you'll be right back where you started.

We will definitely NOT leave out the clear silicone...thanks!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Mine has great clean like new lights. But they are angled wrong and missing one of the strips that hold them in. So I can't change their angle. I can't see crap at night on low but on high beam it's almost normal. I can stay on high beam and no one ever flashes me it's so bad. Horrible .
Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I 100% forgot about the silicone! >.<
Every aftermarket headlight or tail light I have ever had required it.

btw, Ryan is one of our section mods, if you ever have an issue he can help.

Quick Reply: a momma trying to fix daughter's 95 Ford Mustang...headlight relay question