V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Bad sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Javierzito

Exclamation Bad sensor?

I have a Mustang 2002 v6 and today I went to put some gas on my car and right after starting my car (after putting gas) my service engine light came on and the temperature gauge went from C to H and back to C in a matter of seconds and also my car starting shaking. When I step on the gas pedal I felt like the car didnt have much power to run, and the temperature gauge wasn't even showing C OR H, it was as if it was dead or as if the car was turned off (hand was below C). What could be the problem?

After all this I drove my car to my house which is about 5 min away from the gas station, when driving at about 40 or more i didnt feel the car shaking but I didnt once I reduced the speed. I want to take it to Good Guys Center (10 miles away) because last week they installed a new temperature sensor...is it safe to drive it for the much distance?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:51 PM
opticor

Originally Posted by Javierzito
I have a Mustang 2002 v6 and today I went to put some gas on my car and right after starting my car (after putting gas) my service engine light came on and the temperature gauge went from C to H and back to C in a matter of seconds and also my car starting shaking. When I step on the gas pedal I felt like the car didnt have much power to run, and the temperature gauge wasn't even showing C OR H, it was as if it was dead or as if the car was turned off (hand was below C). What could be the problem?

After all this I drove my car to my house which is about 5 min away from the gas station, when driving at about 40 or more i didnt feel the car shaking but I didnt once I reduced the speed. I want to take it to Good Guys Center (10 miles away) because last week they installed a new temperature sensor...is it safe to drive it for the much distance?

have you made any progress on this problem?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Suek
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Javierzito

I was going to say take it to Advanced Auto since your engine light is on, But I think a friend told me they don't do that in California anymore at Advanced Auto,etc. Let us know what's happening.