V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Flashing Theft Light and Fob question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Rochester532

Default Flashing Theft Light and Fob question

Only my second post, only had my Mustang less than a week, learning more about it everyday.

Remote key fob is not working, could be battery, may need re pairing with car..

I can lock/unlock the drivers door with the key, although the passenger door does not lock/unlock with it. Is this correct?

Removing the key from the ignition and getting out of the car and locking it with the key, the theft light flashes, is this the correct?

Theft light goes out when the ignition goes on. Car starts and runs fine.

Only have one key fob, going to order another, does the eight key turns work to to program two key pads.

2003 V6 Convertible. Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM
randyre

[QUOTE=I can lock/unlock the drivers door with the key, although the passenger door does not lock/unlock with it. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes thats the way the keys work

[QUOTE=Removing the key from the ignition and getting out of the car and locking it with the key, the theft light flashes, is this the correct?[/QUOTE]

yes that is also correct

[QUOTE=Only have one key fob, going to order another, does the eight key turns work to to program two key pads.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thats how you program another FOB

Hopefully you have two keys, otherwise to add a key, your pretty much screwed and will need the dealer or a locksmith. For safety, you could get another key at WalMart or such, but all it does is duplicate your current key, so theres no way to self program a third, because the car believes its the same key a second time.

Randyre
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM
randyre

I can lock/unlock the drivers door with the key, although the passenger door does not lock/unlock with it. Is this correct?
Yes thats the way the keys work

Removing the key from the ignition and getting out of the car and locking it with the key, the theft light flashes, is this the correct?
yes that is also correct

Only have one key fob, going to order another, does the eight key turns work to to program two key pads.
Yes, thats how you program another FOB

Hopefully you have two keys, otherwise to add a key, your pretty much screwed and will need the dealer or a locksmith. For safety, you could get another key at WalMart or such, but all it does is duplicate your current key, so theres no way to self program a third, because the car believes its the same key a second time.

Randyre
Old 12-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Rochester532

Thanks for the reply, sadly only one key and one fob that appears not to be working.

Going to try battery change tomorrow and re pair using the 8 key turns. I assume I cannot immobilise the car doing this can I?

I am in the UK so finding a dealer is going to be challenge, plenty of Fords but European models only.

Found an ebay seller in Germany selling fobs for around £17.00 so thinking of buying two if mine is broken.

With only one transponder key, I guess I can't do a self programming. May be a Ford dealer could do it, got to be same tech just different vehicle.

Is there an alarm and imobiliser factory fitted to the car, if so is it activated by locking with the fob?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2013, 05:17 PM
massguy54
1st Gear Member

Sounds like the door actuator.My drivers door doesnt open with remote key and thats what it is.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
randyre

Going to try battery change tomorrow and re pair using the 8 key turns. I assume I cannot immobilise the car doing this can I?
No, you can't immobilize the car, and you can always get in with the key

With only one transponder key, I guess I can't do a self programming. May be a Ford dealer could do it, got to be same tech just different vehicle.
Nope, no self programming, sorry

Is there an alarm and imobiliser factory fitted to the car, if so is it activated by locking with the fob?
There is the immobilizer, that's part of the factory PATS system. As for alarm, you need to look and see if you have a center convenience light that looks like this, with the holes in it, if so then yes, you also have an alarm.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
randyre

Last edited by randyre; 12-05-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Double post