V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

95 mustang 3.8 v6 starting issues

Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 PM
richards95stang

Unhappy 95 mustang 3.8 v6 starting issues

have and auto v6 3.8l mustang had started replaced cam sensor and ran right after new start installed then parke fit started a fw times then wouldn't tried it after a few days nothing then again after a few days it started their is fuel pressure i checked the lines could ir be a regulator problem i just doth get why it would randomly start again then not again as usual ? suggestions thought possibilities?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Epoweredrc
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the site, and glad to see someone who types as bad as me
I once had a 96 blazer that did that to me, the distributor sensor thingie went out on me.
make sure that all the sensors are still plugged up too, i forgot to plug one plug up on bottom the engine on the front and it would not even hit. plugged up and it crank right up
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM
richards95stang

excuse my crappy typing lol ,i didn't unplug nothing besides cam sensor to install the new one and uninstalled and reinstalled the newstarter that is it ! its getting fuel wasn't one a cld day think the lines froze ! but today was warmer fired up fr sec then let in run 15 mins turn off tried to re-crank it nothing but a hard engine putter and die…. , i assume it was flooded check fuel pressure again still fuel in the lines coming out so just in case i cranked it without touching the gas to see if it was flood about 15 times nothing…. tried some gas with it nothing just cranking over and their is spark starter fluid gets it going for a sec but dies its like its not getting gas but the lines have gas in them so I'm not understanding what it could be can the regulator not be letting enough gas get to the engine ? or is it flooding it maybe ? ether way their gas in the fuel rail on the engine keep the help coming haha
Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Epoweredrc
1st Gear Member

After reading that I just remember like back in December one morning about 30 degrees i went to crank mine and it would not crank, well it cranked and ran for maybe 2 minutes then cut off, i went to crank back up and nothing, i ended up running the battery down trying to crank it, it would hit then nothing we used a neighbors truck to hook up jumper cables and used starting fuild to try crank it, it would run with spraying the starting fuild in it and then it die soon that ran out. Well I ended up charging up the battery all day then trying again about 4pm that afternoon by then it was maybe 45 degrees ( it was a cold ga day) well after maybe 45 minutes of having it crank die, crank die, I finally got it to crank and held the gas pedal down had it up to like 2,000 RPMS and held it there for minute straight, it was running really crappy spitting and spurdering then all of sudden something like POOF and some smoke came out of the exhust and it went to running smooth.. well ive not had any issues with is since then, Not sure what it was but my buddy said a piece of carbon could had been clogged in the cat. and could had finally blown out of it.
it is strange when one will crank and run then won't, maybe your having whatever issue i was having. i had to keep pressing the gas pedal and keep cranking on it, i was worried i wear out the starter doing it so much.