V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Roush Shifter and Boot

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:26 PM
NicStaner

Default Roush Shifter and Boot

Hey Guys, not sure which section this would fit under, but since I'm putting it in my Sixxer I figured I may as well throw it here.

I love the look of this shifter, Its the Jack Roush Shifter that was made to bring a more "retro" look I guess, but like I said I just love the look of it. Part # is SM02-5K025-JRA for the whole assembly.

I found one store that says it has the shift handle and another one store that says it has the boot, but both say that they are on backorder which probably means that after I order it will say "We're sorry but this product is unavailable now." American Muscle still has it up if you type it in on google, but they say that they do not carry it anymore.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one? Thanks for any help you may have!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

The Roush product is unavailable anymore, I've been through the same thing. UPR offers a clone minus Roush on the side of it.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...k-shifter.html

I've got that and a cheap boot from AutoZone in my GT. I'll try to get a pic of it tonight.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NicStaner
Hey Guys, not sure which section this would fit under, but since I'm putting it in my Sixxer I figured I may as well throw it here.

I love the look of this shifter, Its the Jack Roush Shifter that was made to bring a more "retro" look I guess, but like I said I just love the look of it. Part # is SM02-5K025-JRA for the whole assembly.

I found one store that says it has the shift handle and another one store that says it has the boot, but both say that they are on backorder which probably means that after I order it will say "We're sorry but this product is unavailable now." American Muscle still has it up if you type it in on google, but they say that they do not carry it anymore.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one? Thanks for any help you may have!
Hey,

That's a good question and we're unfortunately no longer carrying this! Sorry about that but I would recommend taking a look on some of the classified threads and you might locate one! If there was another style you were interested in shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help on the price!

Alex
Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM
NicStaner

@BabyGT

Yah, if you could get a pic of it with the boot that'd be great. Heck, it may not be as neat as having Roush stamped into the side, but get a high quality stencil and paint you could still add a pretty sweet logo to the side.

and Alex, Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you guys in mind
Old 08-14-2014, 06:53 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Crap forgot to take a pic, but it looks great without anything on it in my opinion, got that, my cheap boot and a white shift ball.