V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Procharger Stage II Intercooled Supercharger System

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:58 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

I hear 4.10 yanks you out of the power band before the good gains from the boost, I've been told 3.73. I'm sure someone that's boosted will chime in on that one.

I've got true duals, both rear cats removed, h pipe, and two resonators. Sounds pretty good. I'll link to my video later.

Last edited by BabyGT; 10-03-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 AM
MCR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BabyGT
I hear 4.10 yanks you out of the power band before the good gains from the boost, I've been told 3.73. I'm sure someone that's boosted will chime in on that one.

I've got true duals, both rear cats removed, h pipe, and two resonators. Sounds pretty good. I'll link to my video later.
Sounds good...Would that set up pass inspection?
I was told 4.10 autos and 3.73 manual
Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Mine passes every year. As long as you have cats and some form of muffler you're good. And yes you are correct on auto versus manual, but when you throw boost into the equation things change. Now I'm not positive you can't do 4.10 I'm sure it depends on boost levels and such.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
mmmdaddy57

Default T56 trans. into a 2000 3.8 has the 5spd manual now

What would I have to do to in install a t56 into my 3.8. I am thinking of supercharging the 3.8. I already installed a Cobra IRS. Also, any ideas on where to get a supercharger kit for my 3.8?
Old 11-06-2014, 12:50 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Americamuscle.com sells kits, or the complete motor out of a supercoupe thunderbird.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

The supercoupe motor isn't worth it in a new edge. You have to downgrade to the single port heads.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

A supercoupe motor can still be a bit quicker than a modded split port. Till you supercharge a split port, then your back ahead with the split. The allure of the supercoupe is if you can do the swap yourself the motor and everything needed can be had at half the price of the kit for the split port.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:26 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BabyGT
The allure of the supercoupe is if you can do the swap yourself the motor and everything needed can be had at half the price of the kit for the split port.
Yep, have a complete one sitting in my garage, thinking of sticking it in the fox or just building and turboing the 4 that's in there.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

As stated you'll be undertaking a huge project, bigger than you're thinking, to super charge your V6. Centrifugal superchargers generally add right around 9-11 hp per PSI. The essex 3.8L is safe on stock internals up to around 300-350 bhp. That means the maximum boost you could run is 10 PSI, and that is pushing it.

Also, as stated, you will spend much, much more money to supercharge your car than to buy something else. The supercharger kit will run you 4-5K. You will then need to upgrade your rear to an 8.8" rear, as your factory rear is not sufficient for boosted cars. You will also need to add dual exhaust and gauge clusters to monitor boost and a/f ratios. So once you get all the secondary parts you're in the 5-6K range easily. Not to mention install which will run around 1K. You stated you don't have much knowledge and this is not something to take on unless you know what you're doing or else you will have constant problems due to the supercharger.

I understand your point being young, not having established credit, and still being in school, I was there too. But the worst thing you can do is **** away a ton of money on a car just to sell it or trade it in when you graduate, and start a new adult life. Just 8 years ago I did the same thing and pissed away around 10,000 in total on my 5.0. It's gone, I'll never get it back. Granted I learned a ton about cars, what to do, not to do, etc. but point is it's lost. If I would of saved that money I could of done a lot. One thing was buy 5,000 shares of Ford stock when it was just $1.00 a share in 2008. Or put a down payment on a newer car rather than taking out small loans, and selling/trading cars and parts like I did for a few years there.

Point is, save your money, be patient, and get what you want when you can afford it.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:57 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Point is, save your money, be patient, and get what you want when you can afford it.

Quick Reply: Procharger Stage II Intercooled Supercharger System