V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Bought a 2003 Mustang Conv V6 for $1000 need advice (restoring)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Marcos Rodriguez Torres

Default Bought a 2003 Mustang Conv V6 for $1000 need advice (restoring)

I am super excited after picking up this whip and it needs some TLC mechanically but thats already planned and ready. What I am having a hard time finding is weather strips. i have found all sorts of weather strips for this model except one. The quarter glass to the rear left and right passenger and driver side seems to have this strip attached to it and the right passenger one has been damaged. Can't seem to find it anywhere online to purchase. Has anyone seen these before and if so could you point me in the right direction? Will take pictures when I get home for visual reference. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 PM
lincolnshibuya
1st Gear Member

have you tried lmr.com ? (late model restoration)

same case with you, just got my 2nd convertible (yellow) for dirt cheap ($1100) mechanically it's fine but some cosmetic issues (needs a new paint) and the top.
fixed most of it and just deciding which route for the paint.

---------------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/diyfordmustang
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Marcos Rodriguez Torres

Default Congratulations on your find! Here is the strip im talking about

Originally Posted by lincolnshibuya
have you tried lmr.com ? (late model restoration)

same case with you, just got my 2nd convertible (yellow) for dirt cheap ($1100) mechanically it's fine but some cosmetic issues (needs a new paint) and the top.
fixed most of it and just deciding which route for the paint.

Congratulations on the purchase! What year and how many miles? I found mine at 138,000 miles. I looked at the link you sent me and that is all the weatherstrips i have found before but none cover the quarter window strip. I might have to end up buying a used quarter window with strip on it.

This is the one im talking about but only the black strip which is broken on mine. I might have to just buy this whole piece on ebay although i wanted to find a new one.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
lincolnshibuya
1st Gear Member

mine is 2002 with 156k miles on it.

I'm heading out to the junkyard tomorrow to return the broken amp (they have a 7 day return policy for electronics), I'll try if I could find one from the convertibles out there. In case I found one, just pay me shipping (which side btw? driver side?). Let you know late in the morning.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Marcos Rodriguez Torres

Default Right side passenger quarter window weatherstrip

Originally Posted by lincolnshibuya
mine is 2002 with 156k miles on it.

I'm heading out to the junkyard tomorrow to return the broken amp (they have a 7 day return policy for electronics), I'll try if I could find one from the convertibles out there. In case I found one, just pay me shipping (which side btw? driver side?). Let you know late in the morning.

Careful, i believe those things are hard to peel off, possibly why i cant find one available. I appreciate it sure Ill pay for shipping and your troubles. I took pictures of all things wrong with the ride and will upload on another day. Maybe we can share ideas and help each other out. Im not very good with cars. Im a citizen soldier so i can go on base and use the auto skill craft shop which has everything a professional mechanic shop has, hydraulic lift and all tools included, for $4.50 an hour. I will be spending a lot of my time there working the whip.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:32 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

HERES the passenger side quarter panel strip.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:34 AM
lincolnshibuya
1st Gear Member

found that weather strip on one of the convertibles but the problem is that the window is down so getting the window assembly is really hard. Can't access the bolts without moving the window to a proper location. It looks like the weather strip is attached to the window and removing/prying will eventually damage it. I could probably return and have it powered (or some other tools), they're pricing it around $20. How much does ebay cost you?