V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Need help - Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:11 PM
walkdaplank24

Exclamation Need help - Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Hey Guys,

I've had 4 different mustangs but this one is the first that i've actually starting digging in and doing the work myself versus paying someone to do the work for me. I've got a 2004 Mustang V6 5 Speed and have just installed an adjustable clutch kit from American Muscle:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/clutch-quadrant-kit.html

The reason I got this kit was because my clutch pedal was vibrating horribly when it was not pressed in. I was hoping that this kit would also allow me to change the pedal location but after the install, I couldn't find a way to do such.
Being 6'2", my legs are crammed in my throat when I try to change gears. I'm aware of a seat bracket that you can buy to push the seat further back but I'm really not interested in getting it. Do you guys have any recommendation as to what I can do??
Old 12-08-2016, 04:55 PM
CrawlerChris

I installed an adjustable in my 95GT and it made the pedal come up even higher than it was. I'd imagine they all do the same thing since you have to remove the auto adjusting quadrant to put them in.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:57 PM
CrawlerChris

By the way, the pedal vibration is likely your throw-out bearing causing the vibration. Mine got worse when I switched to the manual adjust.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:35 PM
walkdaplank24

Yea, i'm not excited about it. I did find a clutch pedal stop kit from maximum motorsports... i'll be getting it in on Friday to see if it helps.

CrawlerChris, I have a feeling it was my clutch quadrant, I put the new clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster and it works great, just pedal is a little high
Old 12-10-2016, 07:30 PM
walkdaplank24

Alright guys... I got the clutch pedal stop kit in this weekend and put it on. MUCH BETTER!! The clutch pedal is now the same distance as the brake pedal. This is a must have for any mustang owner with long legs!!!