V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

02 Mustang 3.8 - Not Turning Over

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:12 PM
ThePianoman

Default 02 Mustang 3.8 - Not Turning Over

Hi I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right spot. My sister has an 02 Mustang V6 and it hasn't run in quite a while. She was driving from work and then the engine was rough and eventually stalled. I started it back up at home and it seemed like it was only running on some cylinders. I took apart the valve cover to find one of the valve springs completely sheared off. I replaced that but then noticed the push rod wasn't seating. So I took apart the upper and lower intake manifolds and got into the valley to find the lifter had simply popped out. Put it back in, torqued the rocker on, put the manifolds back on.

Then when I went to start the car... nothing.

I tested the Starter Relay, Fuse 6 and they had no voltage. I jumped the starter to make sure that hadn't gone bad or the engine hadn't seized and it turned over just fine. I feel like I missed a connection somewhere but I've checked and checked again and everything seems plugged in. Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM
ThePianoman

The battery is also brand new!