MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs-4/)
-   -   95 v6 issues. ? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs/734050-95-v6-issues.html)

THE 1 04-16-2018 10:22 PM

95 v6 issues. ?

Hello,New here. I am having issues with my engine running poorly,like it's missing or possibly like a vacuum leak ,along with stock fan setup not working. Brought in for oil change,and a short time after,gauges started working erratically,fan stopped coming on and engine lacks power big time! Shudders as if it was misfiring,although New plugs and wires just installed. A friend mentioned a temp sensor ? I'm stumped, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Stepman 04-17-2018 08:28 AM

Did they put oil back in it?

Urambo Tauro 04-17-2018 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is the engine overheating? That's a real possibility if the fan's not coming on. Check the ECT sensor resistance using the attached chart.

You mentioned erratic gauges, but which gauges are acting up? Are they reading incorrectly, or are they indicating a real problem?

THE 1 04-17-2018 09:16 PM

it runs scrappy right away. Fan not coming on at all,so gets warm fast. Gauges were reading full sweep and the going backwards to normal position,seems like aa sensor ? Is there a temp control sensor or something that's related ?
​​​​​​​thanks

Urambo Tauro 04-17-2018 10:55 PM

All gauges were doing that? Check for a loose instrument cluster ground.

THE 1 04-18-2018 12:09 AM

I think the gauges were acting weird because of something else ? They work correctly now,but we're acting weird. Now fan not coming on and engine runs like it's missing or something. New air filter in,I cleaned the maf with spray cleaner,installed New wires and plugs,however,engine still runs like there is a major vac leak,however I don't find one? Any sensors or connections that might cause this condition ?
thanks

Urambo Tauro 04-18-2018 10:42 AM

Did you check the ECT sensor yet?

If the gauges start acting up again, you're going to have to be more specific about which ones are acting up and what they're doing when that happens. So far, it sounds like there's a loose ground, which just happens to be making a good enough connection at the moment in order to work.

THE 1 04-19-2018 09:31 PM

Gauges were acting weird and reading erratically,I believe due to how cold it was at the time . It was happening at the time the real issue started,which is engine running poorly and fan not coming on. I assumed that the gauges were acting weird due to whatever the real issue at hand is,because the temp gauge is reading high,but now know tho is due to the fan not coming on. So, I guess what I need to know is , is there a sensor or something that could be responsible for the fan not working, and,causing the engine to run poorly ?
thanks

Urambo Tauro 04-20-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by THE 1 (Post 8620761)
A friend mentioned a temp sensor ? I'm stumped, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro (Post 8620799)
Check the ECT sensor resistance using the attached chart.

Originally Posted by THE 1 (Post 8620880)
Any sensors or connections that might cause this condition ?

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro (Post 8620902)
Did you check the ECT sensor yet?

Originally Posted by THE 1 (Post 8621025)
So, I guess what I need to know is , is there a sensor or something that could be responsible for the fan not working, and,causing the engine to run poorly ?

Did. You. Check. The. ECT. Sensor. Yet?

THE 1 05-06-2018 05:51 PM

95 3.8 etc idsue

Ok, I have changed the ect sensor last week and no change. Fan still wouldn't come on and engine runs like ****. Was told to try another one as many new parts are bad ? Ok,so today I exchanged it out with another one. I also disconnected the pos battery cable for 30 sec. Started the car and it was hard to stary,stumbled some and then settled out a bit, then ran scrappy again,I disconnected the wires to the vet while it was running and then the fan came on ? Reconnected it and fan goes off ? Did this 5 times and every time it's disconnected the fan comes on,connect and fan goes off. Temp went about 3\4 way and I turned it off. WTF !
Any ideas ? Thanks again