V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

AC system help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Tom Brown III

Default AC system help

So I bought my V6 a few years ago as a more fun commuter car. AC has been working but I decided to install a CAI when I noticed American Muscle had a sale on them.

Well I went to install it and I couldn't get the pipe on the throttle body, their wasn't clearance as the low pressure AC line was between the strut tower and TB.

Then while I was looking around under there I noticed 2 wire leads twisted together and tapped up. Well I undid them and seprated them oh snap... AC not workin now. The honyock who had the car before me at some point put a buggered up AC manifold setup in there and the line is all bent up where it shouldn't be, the stock airbox barely fits in, a CAI will not fit and I have been driving it this whole time with no high pressure cutoff! luckily I never drive it more than 20-30 mins at a time.

I ordered the proper line and I am going to get that installed. I also ordered a UAC high pressure switch from ebay that says it fits my car. It threads up to the new line I bought but I am concerned it may not be rated for the right pressure? I need to know the proper connector and High pressure switch. I can't find a parts diagram and Rock Auto doesn't really specify whats what. Is the low pressure cycling switch the same as the high pressure cutoff switch? Do they use the same connector?

bent AC pipe that should go straight down coming off the back of the AC compressor.

you can see the 45 degree

here is the leads that were just shorted together and taped up hanging loose.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:28 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, I cannot help with your problem, but took special notice: honyock ?

I've only known one person during my long lifetime who used that word. He spoke fluent Czech, so I gathered it to be in that language. Asked my folks; they confirmed it to mean an oaf, bungling fool, or the like. imp
Old 10-10-2018, 06:04 AM
Tom Brown III

interesting never knew the origin of it. pretty common term in Maine. Also seems I am using it correctly.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:07 AM
ZEN357
2nd Gear Member

I would go to a reputable auto art store and get exactly what you need. You need to watch ordering parts online because it isn't always the correct type part. You need to talk to someone about the issue and have them help you get the proper parts to repair your issue.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:37 AM
Tom Brown III

the big box autoparts stores are useless if you don't know exactly what you need already. That is the problem I need to know the OE part number for the connector and the switch for the high pressure side. I don't have the factory connector some idiot cut it off and twisted the wires together. I also don't know if that is even the right AC line for the car... the way it is all bent up. so if I pull the HP switch that is currently on it who knows if it is the right one.

Ford used alot of the same AC system parts in many different vehicles so it could be out of crown vic or explorer or who knows what else and was jerry rigged to work... and it worked well. But I need to make it right to put the intake on.

I figured a ford mustang forum might have some ppl familiar with ford mustangs... But thanks for telling me to go talk to someone about it super helpful.