MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs-4/)
-   -   MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1994-2004-mustangs/82623-magnaflow-vs-flowmaster.html)

rcj2000 12-21-2005 10:45 PM

MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster

Hey guys im gonna get a singe flowmaster or magnaflow put on my v6 04 Stang. Just wondering which one is louder, better gas milage, more power, and sounds better. i dont have the money to get it dual just yet. but the guy told me he could do a singe for $150 and then i could dual it out later. thanks for the info.

ray

nanaki 12-21-2005 10:48 PM

RE: MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster

flowmaster will be the loudest/deepest muffler you can get for a 6. magnaflows don't sound much louder than stock on a GT except when getting on the throttle. think about it. ;)

ROB 98GT 12-21-2005 10:50 PM

dude flowmaster's drone really bad around 2500rpm. i had mine on for 1 day and had them removed. the regular magnaflows i have and they are not very loud. i have a friend who has magnapacks and they are pretty loud. i don't really know anything about any other brands , but i'm sure somebody here will. say no to flows!!!!!!!!!!1

rcj2000 12-21-2005 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: nanaki

flowmaster will be the loudest/deepest muffler you can get for a 6. magnaflows don't sound much louder than stock on a GT except when getting on the throttle. think about it. ;)
yeah but i have a v6 not a gt. someone i was talking to told me the flows arent that loud on a v6 single exhaust. since im only getting one muffler and keeping the y pipe.

00silverStang 12-21-2005 10:54 PM

As yellowpony will soon be in here to say....go with the flow [8D]

ByPopularDemand 12-21-2005 10:57 PM

Will it realy even make a difference

penceman 12-21-2005 11:03 PM

I would just wait and not spend money on single exhaust. Save up and get duals. And from what I've heard, I'd go with Flowmasters.

nanaki 12-21-2005 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rcj2000

ORIGINAL: nanaki

yeah but i have a v6 not a gt. someone i was talking to told me the flows arent that loud on a v6 single exhaust. since im only getting one muffler and keeping the y pipe.
nothing is going to be loud and deep on a v6 single exhaust. if you're only getting 1 muffler though, still get a flowmaster. it was already posted that magnaflows aren't louder than flowmasters, and that's on a GT. again, imagine that on a v6. GET THE FLOWMASTER.

dude flowmaster's drone really bad around 2500rpm. i had mine on for 1 day and had them removed. the regular magnaflows i have and they are not very loud. i have a friend who has magnapacks and they are pretty loud. i don't really know anything about any other brands , but i'm sure somebody here will. say no to flows!!!!!!!!!!1
they do drone pretty bad, but on a v6, if you get duals, dual flowmasters is the loudest/deepest combo you can get for a 6. without it sounding ricey.

03YellowPony 12-21-2005 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 00silverStang

As yellowpony will soon be in here to say....go with the flow [8D]
YUP! Go with the FLOWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww

NewMexMustang 12-22-2005 12:46 AM

FLOWMASTER!