V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Well its time for the mustang to go.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default Well its time for the mustang to go.

Sorry to say this guys, but i just love riding way to much. Im thinking about an F150 or 250 to dirve in winter. But the prices of these trucks is redicilous, i am very supprised how well they maintain there resale value.

Well im not giving up on mustangs forever just until i get tired of riding bikes, which wont be for a while, lol.

Thanks for all the advise/help/ and opinions.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Well its time for the mustang to go.

Man, I couldn't imagine a big truck like that what with the price of gas ... I'd keep the 'Stang and the bike if I were you over investing in a big truck.

It cost me $41.00 to fill up today from near empty. It's never cost me that much, but the price of gas is up to $3.29. Good luck with the truck, lol.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Come to Chicago, i filled up today at $3.99 for premium. $10 bucks filled the tank and its good to go for the week. Of sorry thats the bike. I was looking at the 4.2L v6 trucks as well for that reason, although i dont think theyill have enough power to hall my bike.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Junior OTard
Banned

to be honest i was raised with trucks and from what youve said i dont think youd really need and f150, a ranger would be a more practical solution and a 3.0 or 4.0 v6 would be more than enough to tow your bike (my friends '05 ranger can tow his jet ski and his 4 wheeler)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

it'll haul your bike fine
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

Come to Chicago, i filled up today at $3.99 for premium. $10 bucks filled the tank and its good to go for the week. Of sorry thats the bike. I was looking at the 4.2L v6 trucks as well for that reason, although i dont think theyill have enough power to hall my bike.
Jeeze, lol ... $3.29 was for Shell V-Power, the low grade gas is between $2.89 and $3.09 ... I couldn't imagine having a big truck right now, lol. I think you should be good with a Tacoma ... The Tundra and Tacoma are the way to go if you want a truck man ... Great trucks.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Junior OTard
Banned

NEVER EVER EVER get a japanese truck EVER
its a sin against god, go with a truck that has a 30 year repuation for greatness
Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

its a sin against god, go with a truck that has a 30 year repuation for greatness
Amen.

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

[/blockquote]

Jeeze, lol ... $3.29 was for Shell V-Power, the low grade gas is between $2.89 and $3.09 ... I couldn't imagine having a big truck right now, lol. I think you should be good with a Tacoma ... The Tundra and Tacoma are the way to go if you want a truck man ... Great trucks.
Well my mom handed me the keys to go fill up her H2 the pump cut me off at $75 bucks. I had to stop and reset the pump and keep going. How bad is that?
to be honest i was raised with trucks and from what youve said i dont think youd really need and f150, a ranger would be a more practical solution and a 3.0 or 4.0 v6 would be more than enough to tow your bike (my friends '05 ranger can tow his jet ski and his 4 wheeler)
Yeah ill do some more searching. I just want to know if the bike will fit in the back of the smaller beds? Now i gotta bust out the tape measure at a dealership.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spoke2go1

Sorry guy, but the japs win this one. The Tundra is by far the best full size truck (followed by the F-150), and the Tacoma is by far the best mid-sized. I promise. My GF used to drive a Tundra, it held up in every wreck flawlessly pretty much (totalled a van without a scratch), and was never in the shop for anything related to the engine (It was a 2002). The new Tundras are even better, especially the CrewMax.

The Titan sucks though. Looks good, is fast, but has no tow power and no silence in the cab ever.

Tundra, F-150, Silverado, Ram, Titan in that order.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

[blockquote]
[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: spoke2go1

[/blockquote]

Sorry guy, but the japs win this one. The Tundra is by far the best full size truck (followed by the F-150), and the Tacoma is by far the best mid-sized. I promise. My GF used to drive a Tacoma, it held up in every wreck flawlessly pretty much (totalled a van without a scratch), and was never in the shop for anything related to the engine (It was a 2002). The new Tundras are even better, especially the CrewMax.

The Titan sucks though. Looks good, is fast, but has no tow power and no silence in the cab ever.

Tundra, F-150, Silverado, Ram, Titan in that order.
Well it did kick *** in Terminator 3.
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Well its time for the mustang to go.