MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion-89/)
-   -   Help me understand... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion/311328-help-me-understand.html)

Willem_Black 07-02-2007 01:41 AM

RE: Help me understand...

Just curious Xemeth, but have you ever owned a v6? I see your sig says you own a GT, I wanted someones insight who has owned both, maybe they could make more sense of this.....

hpwrestler220 07-02-2007 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Willem_Black

Just curious Xemeth, but have you ever owned a v6? I see your sig says you own a GT, I wanted someones insight who has owned both, maybe they could make more sense of this.....
yes..he has had a v6 and now he's got a gt

mvr 07-02-2007 04:04 AM

you can make any car fast, i know a guy with a motor/turbo swaped festiva that would probably kill my car. it all depends on your goal, and budget. as long as you are happy with the car thats all that matters:D

Willem_Black 07-02-2007 04:08 AM

Ok, so then I should really be asking you Xemeth....was it really worth it? I mean, do you think that my way of thinking is way off base here? Couldn't someone just use the money saved on a v6 to mod it and make it a pretty good car performance wise? And by pretty good, I don't mean it will handle like an R34 or beat a vette in a 1/4 mile any time soon. I just mean, when it boils down to simple economics, isn't is possible to turn a v6 into a fairly nice car with the money saved? Or do you think that it is better to just give up and go on to a v8? Why did you switch? And do you have any regrets?

Xemeth 07-02-2007 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Willem_Black

Ok, so then I should really be asking you Xemeth....was it really worth it? I mean, do you think that my way of thinking is way off base here? Couldn't someone just use the money saved on a v6 to mod it and make it a pretty good car performance wise? And by pretty good, I don't mean it will handle like an R34 or beat a vette in a 1/4 mile any time soon. I just mean, when it boils down to simple economics, isn't is possible to turn a v6 into a fairly nice car with the money saved? Or do you think that it is better to just give up and go on to a v8? Why did you switch? And do you have any regrets?
The V6 is worth it, but for what I wanted to do it wasn't. I wanted a manual car, and swapping the auto out would have costed more money than just getting a new car, plus it saved me the headache of sitting under a car for 8+hours in my driveway. And performance wise, depending on the deal you find, it could cost less to just buy a GT than to get the V6 to 230ish rwhp. Plus the GT has a V8, which is always a plus. My insurance went up a whopping $21/month, and I actually get better gas mileage. I have no regrets.

nanaki 07-02-2007 10:07 AM

mustangs in general are known for many things, one of those things isn't auto-x. i never really saw the point in buying a mustang and making it an auto-x beast. people like playing on the streets, but you're more likely to play in a straight line more than you're willing to go on a windy road where you're more likely to crash. :D

Xemeth 07-02-2007 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: nanaki

mustangs in general are known for many things, one of those things isn't auto-x. i never really saw the point in buying a mustang and making it an auto-x beast. people like playing on the streets, but you're more likely to play in a straight line more than you're willing to go on a windy road where you're more likely to crash. :D

+1

I'd buy a roadster for Auto-X if I were into it.

LilRoush 07-02-2007 08:01 PM

I've gone over it a few times with some of our wonderful V8 owners here. Dollar for dollar - if you know what you are doing, the V6 will SMOKE a V8 Mustang in any type of race....1/8, 1/4, auto x, road course etc.....

nanaki 07-02-2007 08:02 PM

of course it will. everyone knows a v6 responds the best to mods and boltons.:D

i'm totally selling my GT

LilRoush 07-02-2007 08:07 PM

I've sold 2 fox V8s while hanging onto the V6. ;)