V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

*PICS* tinted the tails *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default RE: *PICS* tinted the tails *PICS*

ORIGINAL: stanginlikeamug

oh. what percent are your windows?
idk. thye were on the car before i got it. i want to say 15 in the back and 20 everywhere else
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

ORIGINAL: hpwrestler220

damn. it looks really really good man. nice work!
thanks..it took about 2 hours and thats with the help of another person...it was def worth it. i jsut wish i could get the 3rd brake light off to do that as well but its wired in
its pretty easy. its only heald on by 2 bolts. but i guess you would probably have to take the spoiler off then the light off..that sucks.
oops...sorry. i wrote that wrong.

my 3rd brake light has 4 screws..so i pull it out and the wire attached to it i cannot disconnect.. is there somewhere it disconnects or do i have to cut it and than tap back into it??
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
stanginlikeamug
2nd Gear Member

i dont know what to do about my windows cause the legal limit in mississippi is like 30% but that too light. but if your windows are tinted too dark you cant pass emissions and without that you get a $75 ticket.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanginlikeamug

i dont know what to do about my windows cause the legal limit in mississippi is like 30% but that too light. but if your windows are tinted too dark you cant pass emissions and without that you get a $75 ticket.
same crap here..i have a gold card to hopefully keep me in the clear if i ever get pulled over for tints.. other than that, i will have a shop pass me for inspection. i just have to pay like $100 for them to pass me
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

thanks..it took about 2 hours and thats with the help of another person...it was def worth it. i jsut wish i could get the 3rd brake light off to do that as well but its wired in
its pretty easy. its only heald on by 2 bolts. but i guess you would probably have to take the spoiler off then the light off..that sucks.

my 3rd brake light has 4 screws..so i pull it out and the wire attached to it i cannot disconnect.. is there somewhere it disconnects or do i have to cut it and than tap back into it??
thats weird. it should just unplug. well actually maybe it doesnt...did you unhood all the lights from the sockets? thats how i take mine off. i unhood all the lights and stuff and just leave them on the car
Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

thats weird. it should just unplug. well actually maybe it doesnt...did you unhood all the lights from the sockets? thats how i take mine off. i unhood all the lights and stuff and just leave them on the car
the lights from the sockets are in the tail lights. the 3rd brake light has a wire like built into it
Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
johnt2k7
4th Gear Member

just pull it apart and cut and crimp a disconect on the wies and put a piece of colored marking tape arround both sides of the crimp it may have disconect but its in the stock location and the new light has a diconect with a ling lead to the light that runs through the spoiler
Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
lsustang
1st Gear Member

Your lights look great hp. I'm glad someone finally posted pics using the spray tint. I put my order in and am hoping to do mine this weekend. Lets hope mine turns out as well as yours did.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

make sure you do light coats and get the clear coat..make sure u have cleaning compound as well!!!!