V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

wen was ur last race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wen was ur last race?

ORIGINAL: JKs95stang

ORIGINAL: l_shizzle_l

Turbo miata - beat him
v8 f-150 - beat him
auto v6 stang - beat him
turbo h.o. foxbody - beat him by a red light ha!
riced out hondas/4 banger chevys, etc... - beat them all.
Meaning you ran a red light to beat him? A turbo miata? Hmmm!! Oh, BTW, I love the color of your ride, what color is that anyway?
Itry not tostreet race, these races were all at the rack. Granted the 5.0 did run a 12.6, but i was the one who got the white paper at the end. The turbo miata was a close one, his turbo must of been too big beacuse it didn't spool up until 1/2 way down the track but i got him, barley.
It's amazon greenbtw .
Old 03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

ORIGINAL: eaglecatcher

I beat a 98 Eclipse with I/H/E in my 98 V6. not too shabby considering that car is like 200lbs lighter, and with those, probably has 150hp like mine.
It wasn't a GS-T o GSX was it?
How close was the race? If he had a good Intake and Exhaust then I could see him beating you if he knew how to drive. Did he have head work done or did you mean headers? If he had a headers back exhaust and a CAI then I could see it being about even with him having an edge. If he had an exhaust, intake and head work then I could see him taking you easily.

The non-turbo models have 140hp and weigh 200-300 lbs less than the Mustang. If he had work done to the car and your car is stock then I don't see how you beat him unless he couldn't drive or his car was running like absolute ***.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Nice, you must of got em on a hole shot, good ****! Awesome color man, is that stock, I've never seen that color on the street and I live in Mustang haven. Regardless, I want your car, or at least that color anyway.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

I beat a 98 Eclipse with I/H/E in my 98 V6. not too shabby considering that car is like 200lbs lighter, and with those, probably has 150hp like mine.
god no... I would have been raped by one of those.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:17 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: indisposible_teens

How close was the race? If he had a good Intake and Exhaust then I could see him beating you if he knew how to drive. Did he have head work done or did you mean headers? If he had a headers back exhaust and a CAI then I could see it being about even with him having an edge. If he had an exhaust, intake and head work then I could see him taking you easily.

The non-turbo models have 140hp and weigh 200-300 lbs less than the Mustang. If he had work done to the car and your car is stock then I don't see how you beat him unless he couldn't drive or his car was running like absolute ***.
Just intake/headers/exhaust. I'm curious, why does everyone assume that the guy in the slightly lesser car that wins, wins because they raced a crappy driver? Does anyone not think that maybe there are some people out there that actually know how to drive?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:11 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

I don't doubt that their are people out their that know how to drive. What I doubt is when people claim races against cars that should beat them fairly easily.

The Eclipse's have a 2.0L DOHC I4 in them. Doing exhaust and intake work to them would yield decent gains seing as how it is DOHC. The car is far lighter than you and if it had even a half way capable driver behind it then it should have an edge against you. I don't sit here and try to pick apart every kill. I sit here and wonder why people post up certain kills that never could have happened.That last sentence was not in reference to you. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the Eclipse had a Header not Headers, if he had the I4 still. lol

I can understand what you mean about driver's skill. I am getting very very tired of having to race every New Edge 6 in my area because they think they have the faster car.I have raced 8 New Edge's in the past week and a half because they think that they have a super-duper-awesome fast car... I have only lost against one of them and he had a complete dual exhaust and CAI. I don't know why people try to race a V6 when it is stock or nearly stock, they are not fast or quickand it is sort of an embarassment to the Mustang name.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

I don't doubt that their are people out their that know how to drive. What I doubt is when people claim races against cars that should beat them fairly easily.

The Eclipse's have a 2.0L DOHC I4 in them. Doing exhaust and intake work to them would yield decent gains seing as how it is DOHC. The car is far lighter than you and if it had even a half way capable driver behind it then it should have an edge against you. I don't sit here and try to pick apart every kill. I sit here and wonder why people post up certain kills that never could have happened.That last sentence was not in reference to you. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the Eclipse had a Header not Headers, if he had the I4 still. lol

I can understand what you mean about driver's skill. I am getting very very tired of having to race every New Edge 6 in my area because they think they have the faster car.I have raced 8 New Edge's in the past week and a half because they think that they have a super-duper-awesome fast car... I have only lost against one of them and he had a complete dual exhaust and CAI. I don't know why people try to race a V6 when it is stock or nearly stock, they are not fast or quickand it is sort of an embarassment to the Mustang name.
I hear where you're coming from...

And yeah, my bad about the header thing. I'm so used to saying headers because my two car forums (here and ZForums) both have V6 engines, so headers is just what I call them.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
YAYITSJEWDAY87
2nd Gear Member

my brothers 99 tiburon 5 speed 2.0 got him 3 times i think he should of won though can really drive a stick lol and friends 98 neon 5 speed 2.0 got ate up every time and 03 grand prix beat him
Old 04-01-2008, 01:16 AM
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

I am getting very very tired of having to race every New Edge 6 in my area because they think they have the faster car.I have raced 8 New Edge's in the past week and a half because they think that they have a super-duper-awesome fast car... I have only lost against one of them and he had a complete dual exhaust and CAI. I don't know why people try to race a V6 when it is stock or nearly stock, they are not fast or quickand it is sort of an embarassment to the Mustang name.
Isn't that a bit hippocratical?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: l_shizzle_l

I am getting very very tired of having to race every New Edge 6 in my area because they think they have the faster car.I have raced 8 New Edge's in the past week and a half because they think that they have a super-duper-awesome fast car... I have only lost against one of them and he had a complete dual exhaust and CAI. I don't know why people try to race a V6 when it is stock or nearly stock, they are not fast or quickand it is sort of an embarassment to the Mustang name.
Isn't that a bit hippocratical?
It is very hypocritical. The difference is that I am not the one that instigates the races. I know how slow V6 Mustangs are and I don't see the point in trying to "race" one... I will indulge someone though just to prove to them that they shouldn't be trying to "race" something that slow when they can't properly drive it to start with.

I have a single-port V6, the only thing that I have done performance wise is CAI and short-shifter. The rest is in suspension. Their should be no way that I am beating lightly modified or stock split-ports. The people that are driving them don't know how to launch a car or how to drive it once they have it going. Most people seem to think that if you keep the car floored at all times then you are going as fast as possible...I don't think that I am the best or worst driver, maybe slightly better than most in a stick but that should not give me the edge I would need to over come 40hp. I rather suck at trying to get an auto to launch properly. lol

Quick Reply: wen was ur last race?