V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Gauge Pillar Q?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Default Gauge Pillar Q?

I'm about to buy a gauge A-Pillar. I don't know shoud I get double or triple...I don't see any big difference, unless triple (maybe) looks better!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Default RE: Gauge Pillar Q?

I don't see the need to buy one unless you have the need for gauges?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

x2
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 PM
RedStarBelgrade

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?
I dont know man thats why I asked.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

boost, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, a/f, egt, clock lol?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: RedStarBelgrade

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!
Why pay to have it installed, its not hard at all -
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
RedStarBelgrade

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!
Well aside from taping the oil pan, nothing about the S/C install is hard. It's just a matter or removing some bolts, taking your time, and following the instructions. It's the tuning that's a pain.

I'd only get the boost gauge and air to fuel ratio, if you insist on the third then make it the water temperature gauge to help monitor engine heat.

Quick Reply: Gauge Pillar Q?