V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Why do people say mustangs are bad cars?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
v699mustang1

oh yeah my isn't bad either, my first car was a geo prizm and when i got that to top speed that thing was vibrating like hell all over the place. i just didn't know if there was a simple fix
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Well in stock form, the v6 mustang is underpowered, doesn't get good mileage, doesn't handle well, the interior quality is not that great. The autos have a crappy transmission (4r70w).

The 3.8l will last forever but you have to deal with the stuff above.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
MustangMike2001
4th Gear Member

Talking

What is this stock form you speak of?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

you need your wheels balanced most likely, i would get an alignment too
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

only import cars owners can say that american cars are ****ty. I have a lot of miles on it and still a king on a road. i raced and won against new evo with a fart can.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:21 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

The best thing I can say I have ever taken out with my autotragic v6 was a modded 325i.

He had long tubes headers no cats a tune 7k redline and gears and a short throw. I beat him by about 1 car.

But he has fully built M3 suspension. So in the corners I just go home with my tail between my legs.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:30 AM
sransari
2nd Gear Member

It's because most idiots are just drones on the road in their automatic honda accords so they prefer a car without soul or passion.

A Jap car that is unmaintained will last longer than an American car that is unmaintained, but a maintained jap car will last as long as a maintained american car. That's why people say american cars are less reliable. Most people don't feel like maintaining their cars. They just put gas in it, take it to jiffy lube every so often, and blow another 20 grand when the car hits 100,000. Or they LEASE their whole life like a MORON so they "don't have to worry about it."

Truth is, mustangs are work horses. They last long if you maintain them right, which is easy and inexpensive, you just have to be cognizent of maintainence schedule and don't ignore and problems that may arise. I love the fact that my car is over 8 years old with 90k miles and it looks and feels brand new and better than any civic or accord or lame typical boring crap you see on the road. I love that a few hundred dollars/year of maintainence and mods has kept it looking and feeling new, or better than new in some aspects.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vovovovan
only import cars owners can say that american cars are ****ty. I have a lot of miles on it and still a king on a road. i raced and won against new evo with a fart can.

Mustangs are terrific cars. They look good, the handle nice, are comfortable, can be modded easily, but most importantly, get you from point A to point B.

I don't know if I'd call a near stock 94-98 v6 mustang a king on the road though...especially when talking about speed.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Slothcat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vovovovan
You didn't beat a new evo if your v6 mustang is stock. Maybe the slowest stock lancer...

The new Evo's run a 13.3 stock according to car and driver magazine.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I was going to comment on that but I never like to be the one calling b/s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do people say mustangs are bad cars?